F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a TSB for the jerking on acceleration? Can someone point me to it? My 12 jerks on acceleration.... Ugh.

Prob 2: my suspension moans, I have a loud pop when I turn at slow speeds (can also feel it)

Thank you guys/gals

kevin

·
Registered
533 Posts
Every now and then, in my 2014, it will hesitate and then take right off when I coast down my driveway and light throttle to the bottom of the hill to the stop sign. Doesn't happen often. Is that what you are feeling or is it more than one jerk?
As far as the second problem, your u-joint(s) might be bad and binding. There have been a few other posts on this in the forum, mostly people with the 6.5' bed since it is a two piece driveshaft.
How is your relationship with your dealer?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, mine is a drastic 'jerk' on acceleratio, quick pops of something..like the fuel is being abruptly cut off and on.

·
Registered
533 Posts
There is definitely a TSB for misfires, if that is what is happening. Sounds like you need to take it to the dealer for sure.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOLVED: Geez, a year later and I never posted the results of my findings! I changed the plugs (on my third round already since this post)... but back when I posted this I was replacing the spark plugs and found one of the plugs had the coil over 'stuck' to it, it was literally adhered to the plug. I gave it some muscle pulling it off when I did it tore the rubber boot and left a portion of the rubber boot on the spark plug (which came out with pliers). Turns out there was oil in the plug area as well (probably what made the boot stick to the plug).. Turns out, I had a leaky valve cover gasket. Once it was fixed, new plugs (and one new coil) were in, the jerking was fixed. It's not come back thank goodness.

I recently changed to NGK Iridium IX LTR6IX-11 #6509 plugs gapped at .030 (truck is tuned) and it's working very well.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
SOLVED: Geez, a year later and I never posted the results of my findings! I changed the plugs (on my third round already since this post)... but back when I posted this I was replacing the spark plugs and found one of the plugs had the coil over 'stuck' to it, it was literally adhered to the plug. I gave it some muscle pulling it off when I did it tore the rubber boot and left a portion of the rubber boot on the spark plug (which came out with pliers). Turns out there was oil in the plug area as well (probably what made the boot stick to the plug).. Turns out, I had a leaky valve cover gasket. Once it was fixed, new plugs (and one new coil) were in, the jerking was fixed. It's not come back thank goodness.

I recently changed to NGK Iridium IX LTR6IX-11 #6509 plugs gapped at .030 (truck is tuned) and it's working very well.
Thanks for updating! I too had the oil in the plug wells, leaking end seals, dealer fixed. Now if they could just figure out this damn popping /clicking from engine on hard acceleration that happens randomly, possible detonation

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you figure out your hard jerking on acceleration I have a 2016 2.7 EcoBoost hard to start when it's running has very hard jerk on acceleration like you said she'll be in cutoff for a Split Second sometimes even makes the Wheels chirp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Reggie
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing