F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here. I own a 2012 FX4 SC w/sony premium sound and GPS. Just curious if the sub signal runs off the 4 channels or is there a 5th channel for it? JL offers (for another $100) another add on to flatten out the sub output. Has anyone installed this with the same factory options I have? I just can't stand the sony system anymore. I have a complete JL system in my older F150 and that's the only thing my newer truck is missing to make it perfect. This will be a lot more work to wire everything up, the door panels look easy but fishing for wires in the dash looks intimidating, but so did my old truck in the beginning.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I don't have the scratch for a cleansweep but I had pondered the idea.

I believe the subwoofer has a dedicated output off the stock amp.

As for running the wires... There are a few videos of people installing aftermarket stereo systems on YouTube. The dash doesn't look that bad....

·
Registered
4 Posts
The second module that goes with the clean sweep is a summing unit that is ahead of the clean sweep in line, I asked JL about the same thing you are asking here, where do you get the sub channel from and I never got an answer. My only conclusion is that you need one more piece of gear to send and RCA signal to the amp and that would be some sort of 2 input 3 output crossover or EQ that takes the summed signal and splits it under X hz to an RCA out for the sub input...or maybe pigtail the rear RCA out to both the rear SP and sub and use the built in crossover on the amp to low pass the frequencies you want. Most JL amps do this very well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
JL sent me a pdf file of the install directions for the stealthmod for both the standard and sony systems. For the premium sony system ($1500), they cut the front and rear door speaker wires and run them through the cl-lsa device, then wire to rca interconnects (from line level, no adaptors or cleansweep) and into the 5 channel amp. It seems to me that the doors must get a full signal, since they then go on to drive the c3-570 component set, stock rear speakers and a stealthbox with the XD700/5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts