F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I installed the JMS Boost Max on my 2013 F150 Crew cab 4x4 with 3.55 rear-end. The Truck at time of Install has 2300 miles on it. My needs were simple. Much better throttle response. Power is not a problem. I contacted JMS both thru E/Mail and a Phone call for a better understanding of the Product. I was clearly explained that this is no Boost Fooler. This is a Microprocessor that will add Boost along with Fuel. It was very simple to install and I believe with drinking Coffey and listening to the stereo in the Garage it took me 15 Minutes. The Instructions along with Picture's and the Dyno Graph were complete and simple. The Throttle response is vastly improved. I am not scared to make a judgment to pass another vehicle or to move thru traffic at a moments notice. The Power is clearly their. I would say I was shocked by both the Drive Ability and the Power of he Truck. I have read different terms used to describe the new found power. I would say for both me and my Wife pressing down the Throttle a little was impressive. Pressing down Throttle half way would push you hard back into the Seat. Full throttle at 10 to 20 miles an hour would light up the Tire or Tires if the Electronic Lock was engaged. The impressive part to this story is I choose the 87 Octane or as stated in the Instructions half power. I also went from 21.0 on average to 23.0 average fuel economy Highway & 18.3 average to 19.9 average fuel economy City. I traded a 2012 Hemi 4X4 with 3.92 rear-end. I missed the quick drivability of that Truck. I now have it back and at a much higher level.

I bought one a month ago and was very pleased with it, BUT after a little while with it seeing what power was there to get I swapped to a sct tuner with JMS tunes. But for the warranty worry people this is the ticket!!

Discussion starter · #11 ·
JMS Boost Max Up Date 4/29/2014

With 700 miles on the Truck séance the Boost Max was installed I reached 26.0 miles per gallon on the ride to work this morning. 36 miles from Home to Work traveling between 50 & 75 miles an hour. Temps were 75 with 70 % humidity. I travel from Sugarland Texas Hwy-59 to north of Houston Downtown Hwy-45. I installed a Boost Max on my Wife's Truck this past weekend. My Wife works near Home. I hope to have a good report on her Truck next week. She gets around 15.5 to 16.5 in town driving prior to the Boost Max install.

Attachments

JMS Boost Max Up Date 4/29/2014

With 700 miles on the Truck séance the Boost Max was installed I reached 26.0 miles per gallon on the ride to work this morning. 36 miles from Home to Work traveling between 50 & 75 miles an hour. Temps were 75 with 70 % humidity. I travel from Sugarland Texas Hwy-59 to north of Houston Downtown Hwy-45. I installed a Boost Max on my Wife's Truck this past weekend. My Wife works near Home. I hope to have a good report on her Truck next week. She gets around 15.5 to 16.5 in town driving prior to the Boost Max install.
How does the boost max work? Do you just turn a nob to turn it up or down? Can ypu tow with it?

dont take my word as gospel, but it comes with an inline harness, reads sensors, adds boost based on a/f and throttle position. Has a lil microprocessor in it, and i'd assume a rheostat to adjust boost added %. once more, this is just how i understand it works, not how it actually works.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
The Boost Max comes with a Potentiometer that you can mount under the Dash. It will go from 0 extra Boost to 5 PSI more at full turn. I did not need the power. The unit comes with a small red chip that will plug into the same connection as the Potentiometer for a preset of 50%. If you remove the red chip and do not install the Potentiometer than you are at 90%. The documents state 87 octane at 50 % and a required 91 or 93 octane at 90% or 100%. I did not use the Potentiometer I used the red chip. I choose the Boost Max over the Roush tune for the following reasons. The Roush tune is just under
$ 1000.00 installed. Roush will back the factory warranty till 3 year / 36,000. This leaves the reaming warranty that Ford offers out of the equation. The Boost Max is a piggy back system like most sold for the Harleys. I chose it because of price and as one member states in this thread ( Warranty ). Towing will not change a bit other than having a lot better throttle response and a little bit more power. The Harness jumps in between the MAP sensor and the TIP sensor and the Throttle Senor. The DynoGraph that came with the Instructions show a gain of 66 Horsepower and a little more than 66 added Torque at 100 % with 91 octane. As originally stated I did not need power the truck stock will out pull any 1/2 ton on the market. I needed the throttle to be more linear throttle response. We all know that once the engine gets going it is powerful. I needed it to be quick of the throttle for drivability and safety reasons.

The Boost Max comes with a Potentiometer that you can mount under the Dash. It will go from 0 extra Boost to 5 PSI more at full turn. I did not need the power. The unit comes with a small red chip that will plug into the same connection as the Potentiometer for a preset of 50%. If you remove the red chip and do not install the Potentiometer than you are at 90%. The documents state 87 octane at 50 % and a required 91 or 93 octane at 90% or 100%. I did not use the Potentiometer I used the red chip. I choose the Boost Max over the Roush tune for the following reasons. The Roush tune is just under
$ 1000.00 installed. Roush will back the factory warranty till 3 year / 36,000. This leaves the reaming warranty that Ford offers out of the equation. The Boost Max is a piggy back system like most sold for the Harleys. I chose it because of price and as one member states in this thread ( Warranty ). Towing will not change a bit other than having a lot better throttle response and a little bit more power. The Harness jumps in between the MAP sensor and the TIP sensor and the Throttle Senor. The DynoGraph that came with the Instructions show a gain of 66 Horsepower and a little more than 66 added Torque at 100 % with 91 octane. As originally stated I did not need power the truck stock will out pull any 1/2 ton on the market. I needed the throttle to be more linear throttle response. We all know that once the engine gets going it is powerful. I needed it to be quick of the throttle for drivability and safety reasons.
I have the jams boost max with pedal max combo a decent obd tuner I put a cold air intake and dual 3 inch aftermarket exhaust and run 100 /91 octane because there isn’t a place that sells 93 I live in California still passes smog I really can’t complain about my set up I would like an SCT tuner with the jms tune but hard to order and not in my budget with rent being 5000 a month and how angry my wife would be if I bought anything but gas at this point luckily I did all the work if you can’t work on your vehicle than don’t own one lol anyway I’m running a little rich any advice let me know

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.