F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

so my wife got me a powered sub for Christmas all i need to do is run my power and ground .

and locate my rear door speaker leads no need for a remote wire as it has auto voltage sensing

i can run the power and ground no problem ....

my question is what wires are the speaker leads on a 2012 screw ? is it better to tap into them by the door or behind the radio ?

just looking for the simplest way to do this

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have the 12 Screw and bought the PAC -024 oem interface which drops 2 pair of RCA's and a remote turn on behind the radio without cutting or splicing even one wire. It just plugs in between the radio and your harness. Was about $33 at carstereoonline.com

Reactions: Btrow

·
Registered
91 Posts
You should be able to pick up the rear speaker leads before they go into the rear doors. that probably the easiest. much easier than taking the dash apart

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tap the wires in the rear doors then fish them back down the pillar. I found that to be much easier than messing with the harness in the wire trough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm having the same problem. A "professional shop" tapped into only the front speakers.. Should I change it to the reAr speakers? Because my sub just sounds plain awful. Even tried with a friends system that sounds excellent in his truck but not in mine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wouldn't think it matters which speaker signal set is tapped for speaker level input. Obviously the output level of your speaker is affected by any fading you have set.

When you say that it sounds awful, how so? Do you have a good ground?

I tapped the rear speakers in the door. I used a coat hanger/tape to fish the wires back through the door rubber boot into the pillar. Pulling the pillar plastic cover back allowed access. That was tight and a bit painful, but not the worst part of the sub install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just saw the ground the today that they installed as I was installing interior led lighting lol. And they just took a wire reel on a air tool, scratched the white paint and screwed in a screw Into possibly a hole there. This is under neath the insulation of the carpet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts