Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's a leftover 2020 Heritage Classic 114 with the new Milwaukee 8 engine. Never registered before me.

Now I can reduce the miles I put on the Ecoboost, and keep it longer.

Also, I just joined hdforums.com as FLHCS-114, in case anyone here also own a Harley.

I am also interested in other Harley Forums.

Reactions: Nisco and Justinjs

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
934 Posts
Very nice ride! Have not ridden since 2008, but that makes me consider it again!

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,807 Posts
I'd hit dat.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice ride! Have not ridden since 2008, but that makes me consider it again!
If you look in the background, you will see a black 2000 Honda Magna 750C. I bought it at the end of August to see IF I could handle riding a bike again. I figure that IF I could not, then I wouldn't waste too much money to find out. Luckily, I can (thank god).

So I just upgraded and traded in the 2000 Honda Magna 750C for the 2020 Heritage Classic 114.

I'm already planning my mods for both performance and appearance. Harley started with a "black theme" but left certain pieces chrome. Basically forcing me to buy all the blacked out pieces to get the full "black" treatment.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd hit dat.
I think you would enjoy it very much.

I just removed the passenger seat and the bags. And it changes the bike's personality. Lightens it a bit too.

AND, I am already looking at the various performance options. I cannot own anything without modifying it. It's a curse and I need help.

Well, not really.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I dig that 2-tone windshield. Is this your first M8 engine? What do you think so far?

Reminds me of my 19 Slim...
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have several others as well... Sporty, Shovel, Dyna S... and check out that V-Rod RoadGlide!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Sky Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Cloud

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
207 Posts
My son's RoadGlide...
Tire Jeans Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dig that 2-tone windshield. Is this your first M8 engine? What do you think so far?

Reminds me of my 19 Slim... View attachment 174559
Gorgeous bike. I have removed the bags and passenger pinion seat. Except the fenders, and pipes, mine now looks more like yours now.

Yes, this is my first M8. Love the torque. I am learning about two "weaknesses" on the M8s that I want to learn more about (the retainer for the roller lifters and the oil pump). But, I am not sure if I replace those, that I will f'up my warranty. And if those two weaknesses are legit, then I really don't want to ruin my warranty.

My brother had bought a 2018 107 Heritage Classic in late 2018, just before he passed away in Jan 2019 of a heart attack. He had just broken it in, and never really got much of a chance to ride it, sadly.

·
Registered
2018 F-150 XLT SCAB 4x4 3.55:1
221 Posts
Now I can reduce the miles I put on the Ecoboost, and keep it longer.
That is not the way things work. You reduce the miles on the H-D by putting it in the back of the truck. Shortly you buy a trailer because the trailer is lower and easier to load.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,100 Posts
Lol ^^^
I've used both strategies. I've packed the bike up like a pack-mule and headed off for as much as 6000 miles of adventure. Leaving the truck at home.

But I've also burdened the truck to fetch me and my bike(s) and sometimes my shelter all over the land we call North America.

Just depends. What kind of riding? Do I need more than 1 toy? Tent or shelter?

I'm getting old and feeble. Only so much 2-wheeling left in these bones. But I've had my fair share of adventure, so no crying about it. :)

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Plant Plant community Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why not! And I love ALL bikes. Drove Japanese for many years in my youth.

But now that I am a Senior, I MUST have a Harley. It's a requirement in the town I live.

Kamloops BC has some of the best motorcycle weather, even into late fall (provided you are dressed for it). Very dry and always sunny.

·
Premium Member
10,100 Posts
Why not! And I love ALL bikes. Drove Japanese for many years in my youth.

But now that I am a Senior, I MUST have a Harley. It's a requirement in the town I live.

Kamloops BC has some of the best motorcycle weather, even into late fall (provided you are dressed for it). Very dry and always sunny.
In case you can't tell, I like em all too. Never stepped off of a 2-wheeler and didn't enjoy something about it. Every horse is unique, but just being on a horse is cool.

Haven't ever purchased a Harley though. But they rent them and I've done that twice. If every manufacturer would rent them I would NOT have so many in the barn. :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm in the Texas country (Kerrville). Lots of good riding roads out here with plenty of roadside stops and hideouts. It's a great area to just get away from the rat race and enjoy the journey.
I'm 52 and have been riding all my life. Started on HD's when I was 16. I've had a bunch of them. The old rigid Shovelhead in the pic above was my dad's. I'm just the current caretaker until the next person comes along.

·
Premium Member
10,100 Posts
I'm in the Texas country (Kerrville). Lots of good riding roads out here with plenty of roadside stops and hideouts. It's a great area to just get away from the rat race and enjoy the journey.
I'm 52 and have been riding all my life. Started on HD's when I was 16. I've had a bunch of them. The old rigid Shovelhead in the pic above was my dad's. I'm just the current caretaker until the next person comes along.
Twisted Sisters is your back yard. (nickname for a famous route in the area, for those that haven't heard of it)

Good BBQ in almost every direction.
And lots of Southern hospitality amongst the true natives.

Yea, you live in a nice place for riding iron horses.

Of course cellphones and deer abound, so you still gotta be on high alert.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
My wife and oldest son ride too. Yep, we do Bandera, Vanderpool, Concan, Leakey and the rest of the "Sisters" as often as we can.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts