F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Two of my past favorites were my old FXR and anniversary Roadglide.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
207 Posts
I come from a long line of "bikers". Here's a family and friends get together near Comfort, Texas circa 1936.
My great grandmother (born in 1903) shared a story with me about how they put my infant grandma in a baby basket in their sidecar while riding along the Guadalupe river between Comfort and Centerpoint, Texas. They loved to go on motorcycle rides and camp out along the river.

Wheel Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Tree

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
What an AMAZING capture of your family's history. Wow!

Thanks for sharing.
(I didn't see this thread coming. So cool)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely a righteous pic of the family. I usually don't like newer than 50s harleys, overpriced noise makers. My Triumph GT triple is whisper quiet and goes 160+. I'm 64 and only! Gone 135. My first road bike. Been dirt and dual sports since the 70s. First in a long list was a honda 305 scrambler. Current Enduro ride is a kaw klr 650. HDs are pretty but not my cup of tea but may switch in future to something I can get my leg over easier! Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to laugh, my friend had a w45 and he always used to say he took his Harley for a ride.... on a trailer behind his truck.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Definitely a righteous pic of the family. I usually don't like newer than 50s harleys, overpriced noise makers. My Triumph GT triple is whisper quiet and goes 160+. I'm 64 and only! Gone 135. My first road bike. Been dirt and dual sports since the 70s. First in a long list was a honda 305 scrambler. Current Enduro ride is a kaw klr 650. HDs are pretty but not my cup of tea but may switch in future to something I can get my leg over easier! Lol
Actually, you sound a lot like me. All my previous bikes were all Japanese. This is my first HD and it's an entirely different ride. And I am impressed (so far).

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have to laugh, my friend had a w45 and he always used to say he took his Harley for a ride.... on a trailer behind his truck.
Ha, ha. Actually one of my buddies who was scoping out the new ride commented how a buddy who ALWAYS had a Harley, needed a "chase vehicle" whenever he went for a ride.

And sadly, at the time, it was the slowest bike among my group of biker friends. He spent a lot of money trying to make it keep up, but it never did. Funny thing, he STILL has that bike. He recently did a complete rebuild. And it STILL leaks oil.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts