F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a diehard Chevrolet fan for 20 years, since I began driving. It is all I have ever known. I had an '08 Silverado that I had nothing but problems with it drinking oil, almost to the point of GM putting a new motor in. I was going to trade it in for a '13 Silverado, but didn't feel right about it. On a whim I went and test drove a '13 XLT Ecoboost SCrew, and made the deal on the spot. Had to wait a week to get it, but have had it for a week now, and have put 400 miles on it averaging 17 MPG(already 2 MPG better than my Silverado). To say I love it is an understatement, GM is so far behind. I drove by a GM dealer today and saw a '14 on their lot, and all I can say is I am glad I didn't wait. GM looks like they took a F150 and a Ram and threw them together to try to make a truck, I think it looks hideous, but maybe I am just biased after a week. These Ecoboost trucks are awesome and I hope to learn more about them from this site. So HELLO!!!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Congratulations from one born and raised Bowtie to another. My family has always had Chevys. Back in '01 I had a '92 Silverado. I really liked it. I was eagerly awaiting the release of the Siverado SS as that was going to be my next truck. All of the Truck magazines were touting its release and doing articles on Killer Prototypes. But I noticed that every Prototype that was made was a watered down version of the previous. It became disappointing. When one of the last Prototypes came out it was so watered down that I didn't see it as being anything special. So I drove on over to the Ford dealership and purchased a 380hp/450tq '02 Ford Lightning. My purchase was considered blasphemy by some of my family members but is was a blast-for-me. I am not loyal to any brand of vehicle. I see them as tools and I use the best tool for the job. In 12 years or so should Ford drop the bucket and let one of their competitors put the best truck out then I'll be switching again. Enjoy your truck and glad to see you here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I also have my first Ford and I have been driving for 46 yrs. My grandfather and then uncle run a GM dealership and I worked as parts manager and mechanic for over 10 yrs, die hard GM man. Love my new Ecobeast!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats!! And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations on your EcoBeast!

SPPD

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've owned at least one of each make over the years... They all have good stuff and turds.
I'm a die-hard Ford Fan, married my first and second husbands because of their Fords... (Kinda/not really, LOL!)

CONGRATULATIONS & Welcome to The Dark Side... 👍😃

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hesitant to say the least, all I've ever owned was Chevrolet! With every mile I drive, I kick myself for not checking these trucks out sooner. My biggest complaint with my '08 Silverado was it felt like you had to keep your foot down on the pedal to keep it movin. With this truck it effortlessly cruises down the highway, which I love. It may help that I have 3.31 gears, I don't ever tow anything, so I figured this gear ratio would work fine for me. But according to Ford it could still tow 9200, so it will still tow anything I may find the need to tow.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Many people tow with the 3.31 ratio here. Glad you switched and enjoy the switch! This motor is incredible and it's "just a v6." You'll hear that many times, trust me. Welcome to the dark / bright? Side. However you want to look at it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
reider03
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing