F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I have been lurking the forums for quite awhile, but just joined today.
I have been a Pontiac / GMC owner my entire life...
Ever since GM decided to get rid of Pontiac, i have been left with a bad taste in my mouth for GM.
After doing a lot of research (thanks mostly to this forum) i just traded in my 2008 GMC vortec MAX in on a new F150 ecoboost!!!

It's a Gem Green XLT supercab with the 302A package.
I ended up getting the 3.55 electronic lock axle.

My GMC had the 410 gears, with the 6.0L so it towed pretty good, but the unloaded gas mileage was beyond bad.
Since i don't tow as much as i used to, i figured I can get away with 3.55 gears.

The way the ecoboost makes power compared to the GM LS based engines is so different.
I can see where increased torque down low will feel much better while towing.

During the test drive on the highway getting 18+mpg (compared to my 15.3-15.6) on a truck with 11 miles on it was a huge plus.
Can't wait to see what it gets after its broken in.

I take delivery on it tomorrow and am very excited!!!

Thanks...
--Mike

·
Registered
868 Posts
welcome to the site !
im sure you will fall in love within the first couple days as the turbos start to free up a liitle.
the GM vortec is no joke but these little V-6ers do impress.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

I too was pretty much a GM guy my adult life, but it was the poor quality that left the bad taste in my mouth. I knew I wanted an EcoBeast pretty much when they came out. I finally got the wifes blessing and pulled the trigger this year. I have not like a vehicle this much since my 93 Mustang GT I got right out of H.S.

It tows like a dream, rides like a dream, gets great economy, and looks so darn good!

Great choice on Trucks,

SPPD

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome from Texas!!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Welcome! The 3.55 are a very popular choice. They are good towing and good unloaded. Just mind the towing recommendations if you decide to go heavy.

I have a weakness for that gem green... I love the look...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts