F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
764 Posts
Nice! I do not even want to ask what you spent on them.

I seriously considered buying the ole wet whatevers from the buy sell trade section, but could not bring myself to drop the coin not knowing if they would fit.

My truck has leather, but it was also well used...and I do not want them to wear anymore than they already have. Sigh.

After looking at yours, now I am like oh man, I need some.

Dang it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Those look great, I’ve come close to pulling the trigger a time or two but decided I’ll give these cloth seats a couple more years to wear out than slap on some fresh leather.

Reactions: fatmonk8

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! I do not even want to ask what you spent on them.

I seriously considered buying the ole wet whatevers from the buy sell trade section, but could not bring myself to drop the coin not knowing if they would fit.

My truck has leather, but it was also well used...and I do not want them to wear anymore than they already have. Sigh.

After looking at yours, now I am like oh man, I need some.

Dang it.
They really are not too bad. Factory match was like $1600 with installation. And custome was like 2k with install. And they come with a lifetime warranty if I'm not mistaken.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,441 Posts
Katskinz has earned a great reputation for both quality and value equation.

They even are used by lots of dealerships to do special builds for selling inventory. My dealership has recently become an outlet for the Off-road Builder called RMT Overland. They are out of Colorado, and much like a company like Saleen or Shelby, they have agreements with Ford and the trucks are delivered to them before they reach the dealership.

I was told that the mothership for RMT Overland is Fox Racing. But I can't confirm that officially. I've looked and it's not publicly acknowledged, but considering how the trucks are outfitted, I would believe it.

This one is currently on the showroom floor. It replaces a similar White one that just sold. They built it off of an XLT, but you'd be hard pressed to believe it since the interior is first class gorgeous! And supposedly it is Katskinz throughout but branded as RMT.

Ford warranty throughout for one of these. Available from any Ford dealership, whether they know that or not. :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Katskinz has earned a great reputation for both quality and value equation.

They even are used by lots of dealerships to do special builds for selling inventory. My dealership has recently become an outlet for the Off-road Builder called RMT Overland. They are out of Colorado, and much like a company like Saleen or Shelby, they have agreements with Ford and the trucks are delivered to them before they reach the dealership.

I was told that the mothership for RMT Overland is Fox Racing. But I can't confirm that officially. I've looked and it's not publicly acknowledged, but considering how the trucks are outfitted, I would believe it.

This one is currently on the showroom floor. It replaces a similar White one that just sold. They built it off of an XLT, but you'd be hard pressed to believe it since the interior is first class gorgeous! And supposedly it is Katskinz throughout but branded as RMT.

Ford warranty throughout for one of these. Available from any Ford dealership, whether they know that or not. :)

View attachment 173277

View attachment 173278

View attachment 173279

View attachment 173280

View attachment 173281

Yeah, I'm not surprised if they are Katskins rebranded. From my understanding Katskins not only sells reupholstery "kits", but also make a lot of OEM stuff for manufacturers. So if you have a car with leather seats in it it may well be katzkins just rebranded or with no brand on it at all.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,441 Posts
Funny thing is I replied to this thread initially not understanding that Katskins are not seat covers. My bad! Back to my coffee and corner.
You get a wide berth as far as I'm concerned. Your generosity in sharing your Ecoboost knowledge is the kind of fuel this place runs on.

And now you know Katskinz! Lol

You can add it to your repertoire

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
764 Posts
Hey, I learned everything I know from research and YOU GUYS. I cannot take credit for any of that...

But that interior is very nice and I did not expect the price to be as reasonable as it was for a full interior job. That caught me off guard!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, I learned everything I know from research and YOU GUYS. I cannot take credit for any of that...

But that interior is very nice and I did not expect the price to be as reasonable as it was for a full interior job. That caught me off guard!
Yea definitely not a bad price considering it's a full reupholstery job. But if you're going to go seat covers those Okole are probably top of their class.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
764 Posts
Did they just do the seats or did they do the carpet and headliner as well? Because if they did, holy cow that is cheap.

Either way, JUST the seats at that price is not bad at all.

A local upholstery shop here charged $300 to repair a CLOTH seat that was torn on the left side of the driver seat...AND I had to remove it, bring it to them and then reinstall it...geez!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did they just do the seats or did they do the carpet and headliner as well? Because if they did, holy cow that is cheap.

Either way, JUST the seats at that price is not bad at all.

A local upholstery shop here charged $300 to repair a CLOTH seat that was torn on the left side of the driver seat...AND I had to remove it, bring it to them and then reinstall it...geez!
No just the seats. But it's all the seats so back seats bench seats in the front jump seat whatever you have I think is included in that $1,600 or $2,000 price

1 - 20 of 52 Posts