F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,445 Posts
They aren't seat covers ? What are they ?

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
115 Posts
Curious too, did it change seat comfort/softness at all? Wondering if the Katzkins are just leather lining, or have some foam padding as well.

Leather in my 15 feels like no foam between it and the springs, is sorta uncomfortable despite leather being in great shape.

I found they revised the seats in later years, they look similar (different stitching pattern) but are so much more plush & comfortable. This was in a couple trucks that while younger, had way more miles and so theoretically more seat time than mine.

I’ve been thinking of grafting later-year seats in, but maybe this is a better route?

To the Google!

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,441 Posts
You remove the existing seat cover, whether it is fabric or leather. They aren't aftermarket seat-covers in the traditional sense. They don't "go over" existing fabric or leather.

Although you can install them yourself, for professional results you would have a professional upholstery tech install them.

I know that I don't know how to use those hog nose pliers properly. :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: fatmonk8

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Curious too, did it change seat comfort/softness at all? Wondering if the Katzkins are just leather lining, or have some foam padding as well.

Leather in my 15 feels like no foam between it and the springs, is sorta uncomfortable despite leather being in great shape.

I found they revised the seats in later years, they look similar (different stitching pattern) but are so much more plush & comfortable. This was in a couple trucks that while younger, had way more miles and so theoretically more seat time than mine.

I’ve been thinking of grafting later-year seats in, but maybe this is a better route?

To the Google!
They are padded. The added a good bit of padding to my 16 seats. Feels brand new.

These are also a cheaper route then buying seats online. It's a good in-between seat covers and new seats. And 2k for custome seats with installation is a damn good deal imo.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
115 Posts
Awesome,thank you @fatmonk8!

Reading this thread may well cost me money…

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Awesome,thank you @fatmonk8!

Reading this thread may well cost me money…
Sorry man, but if your seats are looking worn, this is a great option.

They actually had the "cover" out when I went to drop my truck off just so I could see it and make sure it correct before signing off on it. I was surprised how heavy and padded it was just. Didn't feel like flimsy crap.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,445 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
The Katzkin stuff is great, quality and fit, but I just want to say that I have seen them look good and look poorly. The installer makes a big difference. Just like window tinting, paint, etc. Ask to see some of the installer's work before you choose someone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
The Katzkin stuff is great, quality and fit, but I just want to say that I have seen them look good and look poorly. The installer makes a big difference. Just like window tinting, paint, etc. Ask to see some of the installer's work before you choose someone.
Good point. Katzkins actually gives you a list of certified installers to choose from. I actually went and looked at Google images for the company to see how there end results look before I decided.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,441 Posts
Good point. Katzkins actually gives you a list of certified installers to choose from. I actually went and looked at Google images for the company to see how there end results look before I decided.
I believe that the dealerships that equip some of their "builds" with Katzkinz actually use the vendor(s) that are Katzkinz certified. It only makes sense.

I've seen a few amazing interiors, and NOT just F150 or even Ford, that were using Katzkinz leather on the seats, console, and even door panels and armrests.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
764 Posts
I had also considered swapping in a different set of seats with a different color...why?

Ever had teenagers?

I have what I think is considered tan or camel interior, which is okay for me but my kids like to leave calling cards when they borrow it...

Would be cool to have a dark brown to match the two tone line color. Door panels as well.

black would work too.

Sigh. I need to stop spending money on the truck and put it towards paying it off. Haha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I had also considered swapping in a different set of seats with a different color...why?

Ever had teenagers?

I have what I think is considered tan or camel interior, which is okay for me but my kids like to leave calling cards when they borrow it...

Would be cool to have a dark brown to match the two tone line color. Door panels as well.

black would work too.

Sigh. I need to stop spending money on the truck and put it towards paying it off. Haha
Lol my justifiactaion for spending money on the seats instead of using it to pay it down was that I am going to have this truck for a while, and I want to be able to enjoy it for the time I have it.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I believe that the dealerships that equip some of their "builds" with Katzkinz actually use the vendor(s) that are Katzkinz certified. It only makes sense.

I've seen a few amazing interiors, and NOT just F150 or even Ford, that were using Katzkinz leather on the seats, console, and even door panels and armrests.

I want a Lariat but with a XLT budget. I had a dealer say they would put in the katzkin in an XLT.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
You remove the existing seat cover, whether it is fabric or leather. They aren't aftermarket seat-covers in the traditional sense. They don't "go over" existing fabric or leather.

Although you can install them yourself, for professional results you would have a professional upholstery tech install them.

I know that I don't know how to use those hog nose pliers properly. :)

I’ve used those pliers many times. I’ve upholstered a few of my classic cars with kits that companies make OEM Looking covers. No velour diamond tuck in my classic car if you know what that is. Ha ha.

On my 99 F150 seat bottom it didn’t use hog rings. Hard to explain but it used a plastic piece sewed on the fabric that had a slot in it. You would pull it tight and slide it on a metal tab of the seat frame. Easiest seat I’ve ever done.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Lol my justifiactaion for spending money on the seats instead of using it to pay it down was that I am going to have this truck for a while, and I want to be able to enjoy it for the time I have it.
Exactly, I’m hoping to hang on to it a good while.

But wife says it’s to uncomfortable for long trips (a HUGE part of its charter!), so really she’s kinda forcing my hand here, and it’s actually financially prudent by keeping from purchasing a whole new vehicle, right? RIGHT??!!

We can rationalize any purchase of truck parts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Exactly, I’m hoping to hang on to it a good while.

But wife says it’s to uncomfortable for long trips (a HUGE part of its charter!), so really she’s kinda forcing my hand here, and it’s actually financially prudent by keeping from purchasing a whole new vehicle, right? RIGHT??!!

We can rationalize any purchase of truck parts.
I can rationalize anything if I try hard enough. :LOL:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts