F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got my custom tunes today 87 economy 87 tow and 91 performance and loaded the 91 octane tune.. This is a pretty bad ass tune! I tried to get a 0to 60 but got nothing but wheel spin at 3/4 throttle. So i tried it again from a roll and it was a little better but still loosing traction.. This really woke the truck up. Cruising around town is perfect, transmission shifts alot better, its always in the right gear.. Overall very pleased with it. Got to give a shout out to Stage 3 Motorsports, Great customer service!

here's a couple videos trying the truck out.

The last video was out on the paved road at the lake which is a good mile of straight wide road.. Not a public highway(just thought id make that clear for the internet police guys :))

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Glad you are happy. So the tune is the only modification to your truck?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5 star does great tunes. Looks impressive.

Now to get traction...
I guess thats gonna be impossible, i was having good luck with the stock Michelins but have a feeling they arent going to last as long. I Was driving around and the truck was in third gear and gave it enough gas to accelerate without dropping the gear and it broke the tires loose at 45 mph in 3rd as soon as it hit the boost.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I guess thats gonna be impossible, i was having good luck with the stock Michelins but have a feeling they arent going to last as long. I Was driving around and the truck was in third gear and gave it enough gas to accelerate without dropping the gear and it broke the tires loose at 45 mph in 3rd as soon as it hit the boost.
Thank goodness for 4hi :)

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Spicy!

The wheel hop in the first vid sounded awful...
With traction, you're going to need a neck brace!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Very nice!

SPPD

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
In warmer months I have separate wheels and tires that are quite a bit wider 285/50/20 they seem to hook alot better than 275/65/18 on stock wheels.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In warmer months I have separate wheels and tires that are quite a bit wider 285/50/20 they seem to hook alot better than 275/65/18 on stock wheels.
heck i dont even have 275/65/18's

I have stock 265/60/18, the next set is going to be a wider tire though.. These stock tires look to small on my truck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
any idea if you are a little better fuel mil. when your not stumping it to the floor and whats the cost of one of those
sounds sick , reminds me of my old 90 foxbody 5.0 , with i miss very much lol

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
any idea if you are a little better fuel mil. when your not stumping it to the floor and whats the cost of one of those
sounds sick , reminds me of my old 90 foxbody 5.0 , with i miss very much lol
Cant comment on the fuel mileage yet.. Give me another week and maybe i can drive it regular again. Lol

Contact Stage 3 motorsports on here and see what Bill will do for you.. He gave me a really fair price on the tuner and the 3 custom tunes.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I believe the tune is good for 1-3 mpg, depending in driving habits. If you drive like a bat out of hell, it could be good for -5, -8 lol.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe the tune is good for 1-3 mpg, depending in driving habits. If you drive like a bat out of hell, it could be good for -5, -8 lol.
Yea, i was getting right at 20 before the tunes.. Right now im sitting at 16.8 LOL.. But when i am cruising at 65 it seems like it does pretty good

·
Registered
197 Posts
You gotta pay to play

·
Registered
461 Posts
Good post, I have been running the 87 tune with my 5* tuner. Have not felt like paying the high winter gas price. Maybe this post will get me motivated to test out the 93 fuel tune.
thanks for posting.
PS: the 87 tune is pretty good too.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good post, I have been running the 87 tune with my 5* tuner. Have not felt like paying the high winter gas price. Maybe this post will get me motivated to test out the 93 fuel tune.
thanks for posting.
PS: the 87 tune is pretty good too.
I got the 87 economy the 87 PERF and 91 PERF. Havent run anything but the 91 so far, but sooner or later the 87 Perf will be the one i run most of the time..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts