F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally picked up my new truck. I ended up having to drive about 6 hours round trip but it was worth it. It is a 2012 F150 Ecoboost Screw 4x4 with 38k miles. It has the 507a(I think?) package as well as the 3.73 rear end, max tow package, and towing mirrors. The previous owner leveled(looks like leveled, I don't think it's lifted) as well as the 18" BMF wheels and 325/60/r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. I am surprised at how quiet the truck is even with those tires. A buddy of mine has them on his Tacoma and the road noise is almost unbearable. I got 17.5 mpg coming home on the 165 mile trip with a mix of highway driving at 70-75 and country roads at 50-65. I can't believe the power of this truck, it made passing people so easy. My only complaint is there is a squeak coming from the rear of the truck when I go over bumps(can only hear at slow speeds)...I checked and I think it's coming from the tailgate, so I'll have to look into it. I think the only mod I may do at this point is a keypad(anyone know if you can just plug-and-play one? I have read yes and no, and see that there is a wireless one from Ford). Anyways, with our first child on the way I figure this will be a much better baby hauler than my 2011 Civic Si coupe that I traded in.
1017006_620720885415_659690642_n.jpg

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome, congrats, and enjoy!!

BTW - it at least has a front leveling kit with that tire size.

Looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
The truck is definitely leveled. It looks good! Any plans for performance? A good tune will help spin those tires and add a lot of power!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looking good. They are great baby haulers. My 6 mth old sleeps thru every trip we take.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. It seems like a monster truck compared to my civic, I love being that high off the road. I'm not sure if I'll tune it yet. I think I'd like to replace at least the reverse lights with LEDs and go from there. I'm going to drive it for a while and see, I basically have a warranty until 100k miles. Plus I know once I tune it I will want to get an intake and exhaust and I'll be addicted to modifying it! I can hear the turbos spool driving around and I love the sound...it's hard to stay out of the throttle on this thing.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Nice rig! Ford does make a plug and play keypad. I had one put on my Fusion when my aftermarket Autostart locked me out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Beautiful truck!

SPPD

·
Registered
287 Posts
Good looking truck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts