F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had the bed sprayed at Line-X. This is the third Line-X I've had. I did Reflex on my GMC Sierra and went back to Line-X this time around. I opted for the Premium top coat too. Supposed to stay looking like new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$579. I supposedly got $50 off for being a repeat customer. I was aware that Line-X had a printable coupon though. Probably would gave worked out the same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just had my Platinum done yesterday. This the second truck bed I've had done with Line-X. The first truck bed was not abused but it wasn't babied either. Threw all sorts of things in there, delivered pottery, moved people and always looked great. Never scratched through to the paint. I was sold......

I love this stuff.

ETA: I did not have the premium coat on the first truck and after 7 years it still looked great!

·
Registered
869 Posts
How much weight do you think it adds? I need all the payload I can get.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Had mine done thru the dealer before taking delivery. Only $350 that way and only a one day wait. Local guy picks em up at the dealer and returns when done. Don't know how new it will look later on but its pretty dirty now after hauling all kinds of junk over the past 18 months! Spring cleaning will come round May the way this weather pattern is going these days!

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
That was the first thing I did to my truck when I bought it. It's real easy to scratch the paint then the rust begins to move in if you dont do it. Plus you don't slip all over the place when the bed is wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Plus you don't slip all over the place when the bed is wet.
Wet or dry, things have a far less chance of sliding around in the bed with a liner. But if you buy a truck and don't use it as being a truck (unless you tow with it) then there really is no point in having a truck.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What am I missing with bed liners? What's the purpose?
Prevents rust, and it's pretty tough depending on what you get. Helps prevent a hole in your bed if you really mess up.

I got their best with the kevlar color match in it for my steling (pictures on my profile)

Anything that has been in (mulch pallet, blocks, outboards and so much other crap from yard work)

I think it is a very good investment for your bed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OK. I use my truck as a truck but have never really cared if my paint gets scratched. Of course, today's the first rain we've had in months and the normal 5% humidity means nothing rusts quick. I think I'd rather spend $500 on a remote start set up so I can cool my truck down before getting into it when it's 112.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Does anyone have personal experience with Line-x Platimum. It should be more durable than the premium.
From what I understand the difference between the platinum (premium) it the addition of better UV protectors in the spray to prevent fading.
I had Line-X basic in my last F150. Loved it. Got my brothers F250 sprayed with Line-X premium and it was just as durable. I think the color looked better in the premium. Maybe it was my eyes. Both liners were black.
I am planing on using Line-X on my FX4. Going to color match the spray with the truck and have them spray my bumpers and rockers at the same time as my bed.
Great product. But you really can't go wrong with Rhino liner either. Both well supported brands.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just my $.02: Go with Line X and have them also spray the wheel wells. More than worth the money. Not the best picture for this purpose but note the rear wheel well.

View attachment 6790

1 - 20 of 24 Posts