F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I just ordered a 2020 F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost. Delivery time is probably 8 weeks from now. X plan. It's a fairly loaded one that I will be towing a 6000lb RV with. Max tow package for the towing. My 1st new vehicle in over 30 years! Can't wait! Hope to learn a lot from this forum, and also hope I don't have to post any problems! ;)

Chris
Stumpy75

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got the Lariat. 3.5L EB, 3:55 rear, 4x4, Max tow package, 502A package, adoptive cruise, towing mirrors, navigation and technology package, tailgate and side steps, spray in bed liner. I'm going to get a rollup toneau cover locally when it comes in. Got mats and 2 years of oil changes(probably 4 or 5 for me) thrown in free.

I got an engine block heater too, which is kind of unheard of in my area, but I like to go north in the winter...?❄❄

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I just test drove one yesterday. I also got a reality check. To expensive for me. Awesome truck with lots of options though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi:

I just ordered a 2020 F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost. Delivery time is probably 8 weeks from now. X plan. It's a fairly loaded one that I will be towing a 6000lb RV with. Max tow package for the towing. My 1st new vehicle in over 30 years! Can't wait! Hope to learn a lot from this forum, and also hope I don't have to post any problems! ;)

Chris
Stumpy75
Wait till you tow and feel that torque !
It’s an amazing powertrain

-Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just test drove one yesterday. I also got a reality check. To expensive for me. Awesome truck with lots of options though.
Yes, it WAS expensive. But I've been saving for it for about 7 years, and I'll be paying on it for another 5... I tend to keep vehicles for a long time, so I have to look at the price over a 10 year period...

My current truck is a 2010 f150 XLT that I'm the third owner of. The previous owners were not nice to the truck, and it's starting to have problems because of that. That, and the 4.6L/6 speed/ 3:55 combo struggles to pull my trailer. Yes, it's rated for it, but you know it's working hard to pull it. But the price I got it for at that time made up for the downsides. Right after I got that one is when I started to save for a NEW truck...

Wait till you tow and feel that torque !
It’s an amazing powertrain
:cool::):cool: That what I'm hoping for! Can't wait! :)

Reactions: pstches18

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Welcome fellow booster!

Reactions: Stumpy75

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It was built 12/18/19. Kansas City. :) No delivery date yet, as we're in the holidays... :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actual build date: 12/10/19, although the sticker says 12/3, which was the date the order was sent to the factory. It was released to shipping on 12/13, and sat in Kansas City awaiting shipping until today(12/26). The web site has now changed to in transit, with a delivery date of 12/30!

Reactions: AGPank

·
Registered
232 Posts
You are going to LOVE that truck! Especially compared to your old one. You won't know what to do with ll that power!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts