F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking for a clean F150 for a while and jumped on this one yesterday since it was local and in my budget. Interior is spotless and besides a small paint issue on the bed the exterior is in great shape as well. I will be honest though, I am a bit scared of what I am reading about the 3.5, again this one has been really well cared for and has been only serviced at a local dealer. I ordered a catch can last night, but anything else I should do?

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Ditch the catch can. Entirely not needed. That’s old news. I would try to get your money back. There’s an extensive thread regarding all this.

I would do some simple maintenance like oil change, spark plugs, air filter, new pcv valve, etc. Highly recommend keeping the intervals at 5000 and using only motorcraft oil filters. You can perform what we call a “weep hole” on the intercooler. The 2011-2012s have very efficient intercoolers to the point where condensation was an issue. This weep hole is a nice “fix” to the problem.

Besides all that, these trucks like to be driven hard. You do that and it will live a long happy life.

My 11 just hit 179,000 and I have had it since mile 1. Never skips a beat.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Ditch the catch can. Entirely not needed. That’s old news. I would try to get your money back. There’s an extensive thread regarding all this.

I would do some simple maintenance like oil change, spark plugs, air filter, new pcv valve, etc. Highly recommend keeping the intervals at 5000 and using only motorcraft oil filters. You can perform what we call a “weep hole” on the intercooler. The 2011-2012s have very efficient intercoolers to the point where condensation was an issue. This weep hole is a nice “fix” to the problem.

Besides all that, these trucks like to be driven hard. You do that and it will live a long happy life.

Awesome. 179k. My truck would have to live 16 more years to get that many miles.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Super clean find! Definitely heed the advice above and you should in good shape. As for the “weep hole” you may not need it if you live in a dry environment, but it’s up to you if you want to drill now or wait to see if you experience the condensation issue. Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
Welcome. SoCal is a fairly dry environment so it should do well. Also clean the 3 intake sensors when changing plugs.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Should it have the brown PCV valve ?

Reactions: AJSpags

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Should it have the brown PCV valve ?
Not necessarily on a 2011. With how dense the stock intercooler is on the 11-12s, the turbos provide a large amount of suction in the turbo inlet. Meaning there is not a lot of air available to “feed” the pcv system. That’s where the black pcv (Ev289) comes into play since it’s very low flow.

13+ have a revised intercooler and are able to run the brown pcv. I was actually just about to share this in the other thread.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
welcome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts