F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new 2014 Explorer Sport and kept it a whole 3 weeks. I absolutely hated the torque steer and I hated the road and wind noise. I had a 2012 Raptor before I bought the Explorer. After I decided to stay with Ford I then started looking at the Limited truck but I just couldn't get into the reddish leather. (not that it isn't cool) its just not for me. I finally found a Platinum with every option available. I have fell in love with the soft yet controllable ride of the Platinum. I have the SCT Livewire TS ready to program it. I have heard great things about it. I am waiting on the email with the tunes from Mike at 5 star tuning. The truck is strong and I cant wait to add another 50hp to it. I just PM'ed the guy with the bumper grill to match the upper grill. And I was able to install my tri-fold bed cover from my raptor. Is there any other cool mods I must do . I miss my upfitter switched in my raptor. Is there a aftermarket way to achieve this. Also I love speed, Is there any mods that are really great for the dollar to achieve passing power.....

20130906_112926.jpg 20130906_113053.jpg

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nice truck!

Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

Glad you came on board,

SPPD

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Nice platinum, looks just like mine did the day I brought it home.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Grats on your new Platinum EB and welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Welcome and nice truck! Fellow member here, Reider created a product called "boost-bars" that is an identical match to your factory grill. I would look into that!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sweet Ride !!

I have the exact same truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the boost bars on the way. When I sold my raptor I programmed it back stock. I have the SCT livewire TS. I had Mike at 5 STAR email me new tunes for my ecoboost. All I can say is WOW! It was really strong but now at 90 it pulls hard all the way past 120.. it will break tires loose when hitting second. I am trying to be easy but man its amazing how strong it is now.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts