F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks - new to the site and a F150 and after driving F250's from the 7.3, 6.0 and 6.4 diesels since 2001 they are all gone and since Sunday I now have a new 2013 EcoBoost 4x4 XLT with 3.31 gears.

I have read over most of the owners manual and have one big question and I have not been able to figure this out. When after starting the engine I hear a faint siren sound coming from under the drivers side of the dash. It lasts 2-4 seconds and may not do it all the time.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so what the heck is it?

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
It's your turbo. Should be ok. If in doubt. Take it back to the dealership & let them listen.

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting.... but will keep ear on it.

I wasn't sure if the Sync stuff had something to do with it.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Whistle? Maybe a leak in a hose? Or ya Sync. She might be screaming now that Bill is gone

·
Registered
608 Posts
It's da bewst!

Sent while enjoying a Pabst

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's your turbo. Should be ok. If in doubt. Take it back to the dealership & let them listen.
Here is a video recording of the sound:

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Is this a security feature? Do you have remote start?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it does not have remote start. Not using MyKey either. I did send this video to the dealer to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
216 Posts
First I've heard of that one. Are there any dash lights on or air bag lights or anything? Does the Sync system work properly and all?

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
well Sync IMHO sucks. But she doesn't whistle like that to me ;(

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Lol. All I can say is that it hasn't happened to me.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
What the hell?
I have no idea what that could be.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dealer the truck was purchased from also saw this video and they looked into it and found that it has an "LoJack" type system but it's not activated. So they think that might have something to do with it. They are going to do further research and get back with me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
After making 4 stops this evening making errands the siren has quit.
the dealer did say something that they were going to contact the GPS tracking company and have it disabled - if it was enabled for some odd reason.

the truck was custom ordered and cancelled by a customer so the dealer sat on it until someone bought it. That may be the reason for the tracking device.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dealer contacted me Friday morning and asked if the siren has stopped - which it did.

They contacted SouthWest Dealer Services and found that the GPS was not activated but was in "orphan mode" and has since been disabled.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha that's crazy haha I notice your name. Are you a Company Man? For like a energy service? Oil and gas?
Work on air compressors. Pneumatic conveying for over 20 years and also sell and service Mattei vane compressors.
I also have done some work on the gas side of compressors too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts