F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow EcoBoost folks! After two years of dragging my feet and having complete indecision I pulled the trigger and got my EcoBoost! I was torn between a Harley and a Limited F150, then I drove my Platinum. All the bells and whistles of the Harley's and Limited's, paired with this impressive 3.5. The moment I pulled out of the dealership for the test drive (and lit up the tires) I was sold. I was looking at the '13's but didn't like interior (Climate control and Nav portion of the dash) nor did I like the price tag ($51K). Then I saw this beautiful Ingot Silver 2011 F150 Platinum. I tossed the dealer the keys to the '13, and told him to get the keys to the '11. The price ($31K) and the miles 18,XXX were more than perfect. Needless to say I bought the 2011 that day and I've been more and more impressed every time I drive it. Sorry for the long intro, I promise the rest of my post will not be as long.

Reactions: TraciInTexas

·
Registered
943 Posts
Howdy, Happy to have you here with us.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 EcoBoost Forum!

SPPD

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Wow that's a hell of a deal for that much truck. Nearly half the price they are new. The 2013 Platniums in Canada are priced at $63,000. I'm sure you'd get 10k off that but still. Wow!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome! And congrats on THE STEAL! It pays to be patient.

I have a '12, that i got as a RePo for about half price with a whole 3,000 miles on it... Its a great savings on a uber-hawt vehicle, right? :)

Happy trails!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're right it does pay to be patient, especially with buying a vehicle. It was a hell of a deal Winchested, the truck had started out at $40,500 and after 3 1/2 months it went down to $31,000. I asked the sales manager why no one had bought it, he said "Because it's 2wd and people don't pay that much for 2wd trucks around here."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts