6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And another one bites the dust...:(

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 3.00.33 PM.png

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am happy for them, they probably got a huge payout and will go work for someone else or start something new.
No doubt. Happy for John Levitz. Sad for the industry.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Airraid came after K and N, right? Airraid become really popular in the last few years. Good to see America at its finest. Company started to complete with another, successful, makes a **** ton of money selling to competitor.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
If we're lucky, Airaid stays around as K&N's premium brand and nothing really changes.

If we're unlucky, they'll get hosed and 100+ people are out of a job.

We'll see once the glad-handing is over.
premium? I don't see a difference between either company products.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
premium? I don't see a difference between either company products.
Ya, I'd like to know the difference between Airaid, K&N, S&B. The technology between all their filter element products seems identical.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I believe that K&n uses real,cotton ,and air raid uses a synthetic cotton,air raid used surgical grade aluminum,and K&n uses a Standard automotive grade ,but other than that it's just the difference in the heat shielding around the filter and the size,and flow of each tube design of each kit per vehicle...
its just a coin flip,as one may be better on one motor while the other is better on the other....
I think it's smart buying it,sort of what comp cams has done,buy it's competitors ,and combining technology to improve both brands in the long run...win win for all...the only down side is that they now control the market which can hurt our wallets

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I believe that K&n uses real,cotton ,and air raid uses a synthetic cotton,air raid used surgical grade aluminum,and K&n uses a Standard automotive grade ,but other than that it's just the difference in the heat shielding around the filter and the size,and flow of each tube design of each kit per vehicle...
its just a coin flip,as one may be better on one motor while the other is better on the other....
I think it's smart buying it,sort of what comp cams has done,buy it's competitors ,and combining technology to improve both brands in the long run...win win for all...the only down side is that they now control the market which can hurt our wallets
Air RAID is an attack from the air or a HS football player's punishment....

AirAID is the filter company K&N just purchased.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well there is a reason why Airaid has become one of the best intakes in the Mustang market and why Ford Racing chose them to make their Cobra Jet cold Air intakes.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Well there is a reason why Airaid has become one of the best intakes in the Mustang market and why Ford Racing chose them to make their Cobra Jet cold Air intakes.
And that would be?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts