F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
7,772 Posts
I am not arguing the observation, I am pointing out the attitude in some of these responses. Seems like there is more posing and vanity here than a red carpet event.
14 FX4 Ext, 3.5l Ecoboost, K&N, SuperChips, Accel Spark/Caps

Don't be upset that you are trying to validate your purchase of a K&N intake...I can see why you get flustered.

The reason why some of the "attitude" in responses for threads that deal with CAI's is because people actually THINK they are gaining HP. And the data speaks for itself. On top of newer members beating a dead horse about this crap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Further observation. Drove vehicle today, air conditioner on very windy. 80 % highway 55mph and 20 % around town.
Mileage dropped to 26.9. Very windy might have affected mileage. But, there is a definite increase over anything I have experienced in owning this vehicle since new.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Further observation. Drove vehicle today, air conditioner on very windy. 80 % highway 55mph and 20 % around town.
Mileage dropped to 26.9. Very windy might have affected mileage. But, there is a definite increase over anything I have experienced in owning this vehicle since new.
Sounds like a truly scientific test. Lots of good control for random variables, there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I come from a grand nation group that where always tweaking the cars. Got one to run a 12.19 quarter mile time av gas open exhaust etc. then came my 02 Z06. Forged stroked D1 procharger putting out 650 rwhp and 640 rwtq.
So I guess it’s in my blood, even with my truck. Just want to piece by piece make a good thing better.

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
I come from a grand nation group that where always tweaking the cars. Got one to run a 12.19 quarter mile time av gas open exhaust etc. then came my 02 Z06. Forged stroked D1 procharger putting out 650 rwhp and 640 rwtq.
So I guess itâ€s in my blood, even with my truck. Just want to piece by piece make a good thing better.
Hang in there. It's like you walked into a new campfire circle with a bunch of guys that have been there for hours and have long covered the startup subjects.

On the Ecoboost, mentioning a Cold Air Intake is like starting off with "how's the fishing?" without knowing it's been covered adnauseum.

Anyways, just hold your ground. Lol

But do yourself a favor and don't ask about cat back exhaust gains. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Snake. You just made me laugh out loud all by myself.
I was thinking of a way to respond to OP because he got hammered so quickly. You nailed a good comparison of how it can feel.

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
I was the new guy once.

And talk about stepping in it.

First post was in a rant thread owned by Tex.
And even worse than that, I was off topic and high jacking his thread.

I survived. :)

·
Administrator
7,772 Posts
I was the new guy once.

And talk about stepping in it.

First post was in a rant thread owned by Tex.
And even worse than that, I was off topic and high jacking his thread.

I survived. :)

You made it through the mud, now look at ya! lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can attest to the CAI/Exhaust ... lack of results and further, boost ... the point of it being all about the tune. Hopefully in another 16K-30K miles will be able to attest further the difference between a canned tune and one the likes of 5 star or other reputable tuner depending on if I can hold out after my B2B runs out. I only say 5-star because I'm ~a hour away from Florence and like to be able to visit/personally dyno if possible.

I put my Roush intake and exhaust on and didn't notice very much on my SOTP meter at all. It took a week or so get schedule someone to get the tune loaded between vehicles by someone at a local dealer but it definitely made a huge difference. If I had it to do over again, the $$$$ I spent on the intake/exhaust would go to a CAC and would have still likely gone with the Roush canned tune initially. Coming from V8 land, intake and exhaust were a must to see real benefits from another performance parts I started there with my EB before getting into the forums and digging around.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts