F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in this for my 2019 so that my dashcam can send parking mode events to the cloud.

This is from the manual. "The Vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot (Vehicle Hotspot) may be operational while the ignition is On and may remain operational when the ignition is Off." It is the only reference I can find to powering the HotSpot with Key Off. Pretty vague. I have searched for hours on how to do this with no luck.

Anyone know how to keep hotspot powered up with Key Off and truck locked up? I would consider a FORScan mod if I could find one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't be done. How long do you think your battery would last?
I am hoping to find a way to do this AND I am hoping the Battery Management System will shut down the Hot Spot before battery drops too low.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your system wi-fi (where you connect your truck to a wireless network) is active for 30 minutes AFTER you shut your truck off. Maybe that is what they are referring to?
I see you have an 18. Does it say this anywhere in your manual, or somewhere else in a Ford doc....like the on-line manual? I would like to read about it. Can find nothing in 2019 manual.
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is stated in the Sync Update video on the Ford Owner site.
I have searched and searched with no luck. Would you mind providing a url link to the page?

Thanks

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Interesting. I had partially read that thread but did not think it was relevant since it is on updating Sync, so I did not read all the way to this paragraph.

Anyway, my Wifi turns off when I go Key Off. Maybe the 30 minutes referred to is only when updating Sync. I know mine turns off because my intelligent Dashcam immediately announces, with Key Off, that it has lost the WiFi connection. For further confirmation, I think I will connect to the Hotspot with my telephone and see what the connection does with Key Off.

I am also going to call Ford Sync Support. Will post what I find out, BUT I think I am still looking for a way to adjust Wifi On Time with Key Off, if possible.

Reactions: GearHead_1

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. Interesting. I had partially read that thread but did not think it was relevant since it is on updating Sync, so I did not read all the way to this paragraph.

Anyway, my Wifi turns off when I go Key Off. Maybe the 30 minutes referred to is only when updating Sync. I know mine turns off because my intelligent Dashcam immediately announces, with Key Off, that it has lost the WiFi connection. For further confirmation, I think I will connect to the Hotspot with my telephone and see what the connection does with Key Off.

I am also going to call Ford Sync Support. Will post what I find out, BUT I think I am still looking for a way to adjust Wifi On Time with Key Off, if possible.
Since I recently bought a new truck, I have been searching for Answers to this question.
What I have so far is leave key in ignition and on close & lock vehicle using keypad.
That works for quite awhile with no warnings, Max was two hours so far, What I'm looking into now is backup battery tied to inverter for charging after getting back to the vehicle. Then double throw switch to screen power for when key is off.
Not completely sure if it will be that simple yet.
The crazy part of this is the only reason it shuts down is so they can keep you from using unlimited data.
If you buy a net gear lte hotspot & try to get a decent data rate forget it. no such thing as unlimited on those.
Way to treat the huge numbers of rv folks out there

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in this for my 2019 so that my dashcam can send parking mode events to the cloud.

This is from the manual. "The Vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot (Vehicle Hotspot) may be operational while the ignition is On and may remain operational when the ignition is Off." It is the only reference I can find to powering the HotSpot with Key Off. Pretty vague. I have searched for hours on how to do this with no luck.
Anyone know how to keep hotspot powered up with Key Off and truck locked up? I would consider a FORScan mod if I could find one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It remains on with the key off................ until you open your door.
My 2019 F150 hotspot shuts off as soon as I turn the truck off. It won’t even stay on in accessory mode. Any ideas hell to keep it on for a little bit after the engine is off?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts