F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm gonna end up keeping my truck!!! I'm planning on doin a tune from Shawn @ southern speed inc. also gonna do afe 2 intake with the power blade pipe. I'm thinking I'm gonna leave exhaust alone for now but would y'all suggest anything else? I think the throttle body spacer is a waste correct me if I'm wrong and I have heard a lot about the thermostat 170. Any input would help me go on and make up my mind on what to do! The tune and intake are already set in stone! Thanks guys

·
Registered
131 Posts
SSI Tune- Great choice and you'll love it! I'll agree on the throttle body spacer, not much help (if any) on a forced induction engine. The 170* TSTAT is not going to help with performance but will help keep things cooler on hard pulls which can help cut back on detonation/knock on tuned engines. IF it were me i'd say your next mod should be a catless or highflow cat y-pipe, they have been proven to produce good results in performance.

Reactions: Boostnf150

·
Registered
131 Posts
When I buy afe should I buy the oiled filters or dry?
Totally personal preference if you ask me. If i remember correctly when researching the difference between the two the oiled had better flow BUT you have to hassle with cleaning and re-oiling every few thousand miles, the dry you just wash out and throw back in….. I went with the oiled just because that what I’m used to, been running oiled filters in my vehicles the past 12 years and have never had a issue...

Reactions: Boostnf150

·
Registered
339 Posts
SSI Tune- Great choice and you'll love it! I'll agree on the throttle body spacer, not much help (if any) on a forced induction engine. The 170* TSTAT is not going to help with performance but will help keep things cooler on hard pulls which can help cut back on detonation/knock on tuned engines. IF it were me i'd say your next mod should be a catless or highflow cat y-pipe, they have been proven to produce good results in performance.
Good advice. High flow cats and a down pipe will get you some horses. TB spacer is a joke and lower Tstat is really worthless unless you do a lot of towing. A strong well planned out tune will garner you more power than anything else short of major modifications to motor/forced induction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts