F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to fix the fading number pad on the keyless entry?
20191011_183548.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
??????

Kinda hurts to buy the pad just for the buttons
Screenshot_20191012-141714_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Supposedly oem, but looks different than your picture

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've never even tried my keypad in 5+ years of owning this truck! I don't even know what the code is with my brain anyway! (I have it in my wallet) You must use it all the time to get that kind of wear on those 4 keys..

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Well, the unlock button on my key fob is showing some wear... When I exit, I hit the power lock button on the inside of the door.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never even tried my keypad in 5+ years of owning this truck! I don't even know what the code is with my brain anyway! (I have it in my wallet) You must use it all the time to get that kind of wear on those 4 keys..
That's funny Mitch!...my key fab is mint-lol
Screenshot_20191002-170228_Google.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
I just want to keep a truck, and have a truck last so long that THESE are the kind of threads I start. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I shared my idea with a couple friends who didn't think of it. I will let you all in on my idea to have my truck number on me. I have it stored in my cell phone as a chosen (think of a name to call your truck) persons phone number. Most people have their cell phone on them these days. Also I believe that Ford still puts the door code on the inside of your fuse box cover. Just in case you forgot it or purchased the truck used and didn't get that info.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WooBoost, I use the door buttons everytime I drive the Boost as well as to lock her up 😊 On the flip side my key fab looks brand new-lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts