F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with all this virus BS leading the news, people really stopped coming into the dealership for service and parts, we were deemed a 'life-sustaining' business so we could stay open to serve people, but the work really tailed off in the past couple weeks, so Wednesday there was a dealer wide meeting and well the GM said that we unfortunately had to go down to a very skeleton crew until this all passes and we have to lay some people off. Well my name wasn't pulled to stay so here I am, one good thing is it is all temporary and we will all be back. But here is how bad it hit us with the layoffs at the dealer where I work, the other stores might be different

all of the detail team
all sales people/managers (sales was deemed not life-sustaining and ordered to close per the Gov.)
2 out of 3 service writher
1 of the 2 parts guys(that's me)
5 of the 9 technicians

thankfully I have a way to keep busy and make some money besides UC, my college buddy has a repair shop that I can help him a few days a week and my GF's dad is doing some home renovations and I volunteered to help out

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Does this mean some killer deals may be coming soon for new vehicles?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that. Does this mean some killer deals may be coming soon for new vehicles?
I would certainly believe so

·
Registered
707 Posts
Damn dude. That sucks. My mom got laid off because the dental industry in MN is shut down and my dad got his hours cut down.

Hopefully this turn around is quick. Good luck man.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea I hope it is quick as well, I know our GM was struggling when he was announcing who stayed, can't imagine that was easy

·
Super Modistrator
2,105 Posts
@djflmn, I’m really sorry to hear that. I have no doubt you are good at your job.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Sorry to hear. Also sucks to hear that the manufacturers are taking it so hard. I domt think this will end up well for ford in the long run.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Their stock certainly is cheap. Not sure how much more it has to give.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Damn dj sorry to hear! If I know you, you should be all right financially. This stupid virus is really hitting everyone. Hopefully you have some tp lol

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Crazy times for sure.
I have four different friends that just got laid off in the past few days a couple of them have been with their companies for over 15 years. A few of them were told their job would be available again once all this blows over but still…

Another friend of mine is the sales manager at one of the largest Ford dealerships around here and they just laid off 50 people and another 15-20 most likely will be laid off within the next week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sorry man. I heard that unemployment will be paying 100% salary for four months if the stimulus bill passes. Hopefully by then we will have beaten this thing. Feel terrible for all the people struggling because of this. Good for you for looking for work and staying busy.

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Sorry man. I heard that unemployment will be paying 100% salary for four months if the stimulus bill passes. Hopefully by then we will have beaten this thing. Feel terrible for all the people struggling because of this. Good for you for looking for work and staying busy.
I usually like to be the optimist, but I'm just trying to be a realist through all of this. Short of a miracle medicine or a vaccine coming through much quicker than expected, I keep reading to expect 18-24 month before we're 100% past all this.

I hope that's wrong, but I'm preparing myself mentally and making plans based on that.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
I usually like to be the optimist, but I'm just trying to be a realist through all of this. Short of a miracle medicine or a vaccine coming through much quicker than expected, I keep reading to expect 18-24 month before we're 100% past all this.

I hope that's wrong, but I'm preparing myself mentally and making plans based on that.

I try not to listen to estimates or predictions. You may very well be right. Fact is no one knows. All the experts just keep saying we need more data. Like they say hope for the best prepare for the worst.

·
Registered
799 Posts

Unfortunately, even a miracle vaccine will require a year for approval... there's one in the works right now. Dr. Fauci has already said that a vaccine is, at minimum, 12-18 months out.

Problem is, if we keep the country (and, by extension, the majority of the rest of the world) in lockdown for 12-18 months, the world will be in a shambles. And that just looks at the economic side, not the psychological side of keeping people nearly completely isolated for a year or better. I'm not sure what the answer will be.

DJ - sorry to hear about the layoff. You've helped a ton of people (including me) over the years... I hope things are looking up for you soon.

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
I think you know more about this than I do, but I didn't necessarily mean in this current state, locked down, for that long. Yes, we would definitely be in shambles.

I've read several studies which suggest that they expect it to be a bit of a roller coaster. They think we'll take extreme measures, social distance and quarantine, we'll flatten the curve and start to get it under control. New cases will almost go away. They'll lift the restrictions, we'll go back to work and play, and it will resurface and we'll more or less repeat this again. They believe this will continue until we develop herd immunity, either from a vaccine, or naturally from enough infections. That's IF we develop a long term immunity from it. I believe that is undecided right now.

And yes, this is definitely ALL speculation, but I think it's based on knowing how pandemics work in general and considering the infection factor of this virus. If some of these experimental drugs prove to be effective in treating the virus, I think that will be a game changer. If we can effectively and simply treat those who contract it, waiting for herd immunity won't be such a big problem methinks.

Such as Tamiflu I guess. The last time I had the flu I tried to be stubborn. I didn't go to the doctor for a bit. I thought I was going to die lol. I finally went, and they told me if I'd waited much longer I wouldn't have been able to take Tamiflu. Anyway they did, I started taking it and almost immediately felt better. I think it has been known to have some pretty serious side effects, but in the two times I've had Tamiflu as an adult, it knocked it right out. Perhaps we can develop an effective "Tamirona"!

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford F150 3.5 King Ranch
78 Posts
Very sorry to hear DJ. I did hear today in the stimulus bill that in addition to your unemployment benefits, you might be getting a $600 check per week for up to four months. If true, then hopefully this can tide you over during this unprecedented crisis. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts