F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
One of the Sales Guys at my Dealer has a 2013 FX2 like mine with the fixed running boards and had the retractable style installed in place if those. He seems happy except that when he goes through a drive through car wash, they're retracted and don't get washed off.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I am just starting to realize the problem with my running steps. I wear a uniform for work and unless I keep the steps spotless I end up with dirt and salt on my pant legs everytime I get in or out.

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have fixed running board on my King Ranch and haven't noticed a build up. But I did have factor Mud flaps installed on the front which greatly reduced the road spray from getting up on the truck and boards might want to look into that as a option.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I work on a construction site and spend most of my day off road. Any wet or muddy conditions results in mud build up all over the running boards....to the point I can't use them without getting muddy feet in the interior.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have the factory installed tubular running boards. I am 6'3" tall so dont really need them to get into or out of the p\u but wanted them because they do such a nice job of keeping the rock chips off of the bottom half of the truck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2013 Xlt Screw ecoboost
I just took off our factory chrome steps and put on a set of amp power boards. These things are great and we love the look and functionality. Straight forward install and well built and designed

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
2013 Xlt Screw ecoboost
I just took off our factory chrome steps and put on a set of amp power boards. These things are great and we love the look and functionality. Straight forward install and well built and designed
Can you post up some pics? I am at my breaking point with getting crud all over my uniform pants. It seems like the more careful I am the more likely I am to dirty up my pant legs. Thus may be a solution for me.

Thanks,

SPPD

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can you post up some pics? I am at my breaking point with getting crud all over my uniform pants. It seems like the more careful I am the more likely I am to dirty up my pant legs. Thus may be a solution for me.

Thanks,

SPPD
Sorry haven't gotten to this, I can't figure out this picture thing on this site. The power steps are great and you can clean them at a drive thru car wash as well.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
SPPD - do you step on the step when getting in and out, or do you step straight to the ground?

I've found that if I step on the step itself, the chance that I get something on my pants is less. I also installed some mud flaps that extend almost as wide as the steps and keep the steps cleaner. Not totally, but better than not at all. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366592687.509101.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Sorry haven't gotten to this, I can't figure out this picture thing on this site. The power steps are great and you can clean them at a drive thru car wash as well.
No Problem!

SPPD

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have tried both. I am only 5'11" (6 before a back injury lol) so not using the step is a stretch for me, but I have tried both ways. I have sort of figured it out now if I just get my toe on the step and kinda launch myself up and in I seem to manage to stay cleaner lol. Thanks guys!

SPPD

SPPD - do you step on the step when getting in and out, or do you step straight to the ground?

I've found that if I step on the step itself, the chance that I get something on my pants is less. I also installed some mud flaps that extend almost as wide as the steps and keep the steps cleaner. Not totally, but better than not at all. View attachment 623

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Seems no matter what we do sometimes its just hard to keep the pant legs clean. Could go back to the old fashioned style running boards...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
akmedic77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing