F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently had to choose between a lariat 4x4 and a fx4 off road. I am having second thoughts and i do not know why! Haha dont get me wrong i absolutely love my truck! All i know is that the fx4s gauges that light up red with fx graphic was a turn off for me. Which may have been a factor i would have gotten over real quick along with the red accent stitching in the one i was looking at.

Has anyone else been effected by the fxs interior?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I didn't have the budget for either, and with so many aftermarket items available to personalize your truck...I opted for the XLT. You can make mods and add parts to change up these trucks for a lot less money (or nicer stuff for same money) than what Ford gets for option packages in a lot of cases. IMHO

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't have the budget for either, and with so many aftermarket items available to personalize your truck...I opted for the XLT. You can make mods and add parts to change up these trucks for a lot less money (or nicer stuff for same money) than what Ford gets for option packages in a lot of cases. IMHO

The
Those were exactly my thoughts as well. The off road package still gets me haha but like you said that can all be added later.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I loved the red accents which is why I got appearance package

Family First

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was a fan of all the exterior stuff that came with fx package. Like the smoked headlamps and black grill/running boards.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I personally had to have the 20s and heads and tails with the black trim inside instead of chrome. Literally the only 2 things on my list.....got lucky that the used FX4 I bought had the luxury package.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I've had a 12 lariat and now a 13 fx4, if I would do it all over I would of bought another lariat, there's little things I liked better about the lariat. The garage door opener, you just touch the button in the lariat. The back seat of the lariat has a drop down arm rest, fx4 don't, auto 4wd system in lariat that shifted out of 4wd under a load, fx4 just the regular system that won't shift under load. But I will say the fx4 looks way better.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I like the appearance package of the FX better too... But you can sell your 18's, buy 20's and do your own heads and tails...sell your stock stuff on Craig's list...and have a personalized de-chromed truck for less money unless you're just in love with every little thing the FX package includes....which is cool too

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I like the appearance package of the FX better too... But you can sell your 18's, buy 20's and do your own heads and tails...sell your stock stuff on Craig's list...and have a personalized de-chromed truck for less money unless you're just in love with every little thing the FX package includes....which is cool too

I agree 100%, that's what I did with my lariat, blacked it out with aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Ya I hated the chrome and the wife took one look at the cheap wood grain interior and that was enough for us. I'm too young to do the chromed out look.. Haha so far happy with the fx4 but I am happy I went without the appearance package, that red piping and hockey stick graphic doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I found a used fx4 with lux package. The red gauges don't bother me, never owned a non-fx4 so nothing to compare to. But I had to have the blacked out exterior and the all dark or black interior.

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
869 Posts
Where are y'all seeing the packages for the 2015s? Or is this thread in the wrong forum section?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Ha I didn't even notice that. I use the timeline view on tapatalk

·
Registered
869 Posts
Cool. I just realized I posted twice in here recently as well. I was really hoping y'all were finding detailed info on 2015s. I want to check one out.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
I bought the FX4 for all the extra goodies it comes with. Number one being the painted bumpers. I wanted that with the painted mirrors. I HATE CHROME and plastidip can only do so much. The reason I ended up with the Appearance Package was I wanted black interior panels not silver/grey. Also, the softer 'suede' on the inserts of the seat are awesome on 0 degree days as well as 90 degree days. I spent the extra money (that i didn't have) to get exactly what I wanted so that way I would never second guess myself. I love my truck and wouldn't trade it for anything!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts