F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock halogens with a plug and play LED. I came across the Lasfit Pro-FO-H13A in my search. Anyone have any experience with them, or Lasfit in general?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
So you want to be that guy who blinds oncoming people. Many people do LED in halogen housings but really isn’t correct. You might have to aim your lights down some. There will be one guy who says he doesn’t have any problems. But if you live in a heavily populated area it’s a problem. Middle of no where you can get away with it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you want to be that guy who blinds oncoming people. Many people do LED in halogen housings but really isn’t correct. You might have to aim your lights down some. There will be one guy who says he doesn’t have any problems. But if you live in a heavily populated area it’s a problem. Middle of no where you can get away with it.
Well, let's see...
1. I never mentioned anything about blinding anyone. I want to be able to see where I'm going, utilizing a reasonably priced, good quality option.
2. I am quite capable of reading an owner's manual, and just so YOU know, the procedure to aim headlights starts on page 249.
3. I own several measuring tapes of at least 25 feet in length , numerous #2 Phillips screwdrivers, several rolls of masking tape, and a wall perpendicular to a level surface. I know how to use them all.
4. If all you have to offer is a smartass response to a legitimate question, please don't respond at all.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,295 Posts
I ran into the same thing here LOL
🤪 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
940 Posts
The previous poster came off a bit aggressive, but reality is that jamming an LED bulb in a halogen housing always results in splatter above the cutoff. It's just physics. Some bulbs are less bad than others.

The right answers would be an OEM LED conversion, Morimoto XBs, or a quality HID projector conversion. If you insist on doing LED bulbs, at least invest in the Anzo projector housings so you can make the beam pattern suck less.

·
Registered
20 Posts
While I typically agree with the above statements and have projector retrofitted the only one of my 3 vehicles that didnt already have projectors from the factory, there are a few companies that use LED chips that mimic the tungsten filament size and placement of the halogen bulb and therefore match beam optics pretty closely. Off the top of my head a few of those conpanies are Diode Dynamics, GTR lighting, Morimoto 2 stroke 2.0, and v.4 leds which if i remember correctly is sold my headlight revolution. You get what you pay for. There is no replacement for a proper retrofit but as i said, some of these companies have done a good job.

I recently installed a set of 2stroke 2.0s in my fiancee's cruze which also takes an H13. The pattern is a very good match low and high beam. I had her follow me recently and they don't blind others. The attached Pic for reference between the halogen and 2stroke. you can see a little flare above the left side but that doesn't Translate into a glare to oncoming cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but reality is that jamming an LED bulb in a halogen housing always results in splatter above the cutoff. It's just physics. Some bulbs are less bad than others.

The right answers would be an OEM LED conversion, Morimoto XBs, or a quality HID projector conversion. If you insist on doing LED bulbs, at least invest in the Anzo projector housings so you can make the beam pattern suck less.
I fully understand that a PNP won't be anywhere close to "perfect", and I've looked into all of the options you have listed, and many others over the last 5 years. My truck isn't a daily driver, it sits parked in the driveway about 98% of the time, so I just can't bring myself to invest the cash needed for those just to have it sit unused. If I were driving it more, I'd jump on some XB's in a heartbeat.

These Lasfits caught my attention only because they claim to be specifically designed for the F150, so I'm trying to find someone that has first hand experience with them other than the few reviews online that were posted about 2 minutes after installing and turning them on the first time. Perhaps these would be a fair compromise, otherwise I'll just throw in a set of Silverstar Ultras for now...

Reactions: GTXLT

·
Registered
32 Posts
The lecturers are uncalled for. As if you are an idiot yet here you are doing your homework.

I’ve been researching the same and haven’t come across anything I was thrilled with. I’d consider OEM but don’t want to spend that kind of money.

I too have thought of just plugging in some silverstars.

Will be watching to see if you get further than I.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Well, let's see...
1. I never mentioned anything about blinding anyone. I want to be able to see where I'm going, utilizing a reasonably priced, good quality option.
2. I am quite capable of reading an owner's manual, and just so YOU know, the procedure to aim headlights starts on page 249.
3. I own several measuring tapes of at least 25 feet in length , numerous #2 Phillips screwdrivers, several rolls of masking tape, and a wall perpendicular to a level surface. I know how to use them all.
4. If all you have to offer is a smartass response to a legitimate question, please don't respond at all.
Geezz. Let me just say. I don’t know you and you don’t know me. It’s good to hear you did your research. Lots of people don’t. If I were to say what I wrote face to face to you wouldn’t have thought it was a smartass remark. It’s hard to put a certain tone or sound to social media remarks.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I found Katana h13s functioned the best and were the brightest. Funny thing is that they’re “Supernova V4s”. But do not pay full price for the Supernova V4s. Actually I wouldn’t buy anything from them. That company rips you off and buys from this seller to rebrand. They literallly take the bulb/assembly and repackage with their papers/pamphlets. Bumping the price close to 200$. There are many forums ratting them out and I even have personal proof myself.

I’d purchase them directly from amazon.

KATANA H13 9008 LED Headlight Bulbs,CREE Chips 12000Lm 6500K Extremely Bright Conversion Kit,360 Degree Adjustable Beam Angle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078W6QBZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JQpuFbCPTMCTC

2 stroke 2.0s worked great but they didn’t seem to be as bright as expected. Great cut off.

Lasfit are a good budget company but I’m not sure on the quality of their LED headlight bulbs. All their turn signals/taillights work great.

Overall you will get some glare with LEDs but with today’s Factory LEDs on many vehicles. You’ll blend right in. As long as it’s adjusted accordingly.

Don’t be tricked when a company says its “specifically designed” for your vehicle. Every manufacturer that uses a halogen headlight has to use a standard halogen bulb. Meaning they base the headlight off that bulb and it’s filament position. An LED that replicates the filament will perform better.

In no way am I choosing sides on the subject. I’m just providing some helpful info.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I was talked out of LED in my halogens awhile back so I went the expensive way and did factory HID. It looks like maybe they made some improvements with the new LED Bulbs. Atleast that what they claim.

I thought about the silverstars also but to many bad reviews of them lasting like a year or less then burning out.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found Katana h13s functioned the best and were the brightest...

Don’t be tricked when a company says its “specifically designed” for your vehicle...
How long have you had the Katanas installed? Pros/cons?

I'm really quite skeptical of the "specifically designed" claim, and don't want to be a guinea pig ending up with a case of buyer's remorse in short time.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I was talked out of LED in my halogens awhile back so I went the expensive way and did factory HID. It looks like maybe they made some improvements with the new LED Bulbs. Atleast that what they claim.

I thought about the silverstars also but to many bad reviews of them lasting like a year or less then burning out.
I did the same exact thing on my 2011. Luckily I had my hid set from my 2014 raptor and just purchased the harness. Very happy with how it looks and functions.

Surprisingly the Phillips X-Tremevisions worked very well before making the switch. They were definitely more well designed compared to silverstars.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
How long have you had the Katanas installed? Pros/cons?

I'm really quite skeptical of the "specifically designed" claim, and don't want to be a guinea pig ending up with a case of buyer's remorse in short time.

Thanks
I ran the katanas for about a year before making the conversion to the Oem HIDS. They do have a warranty if for any reason they stop working, they replace it for free.

Also being that they are from amazon, you have no problem returning them if you are not satisfied.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ran the katanas for about a year before making the conversion to the Oem HIDS. They do have a warranty if for any reason they stop working, they replace it for free.

Also being that they are from amazon, you have no problem returning them if you are not satisfied.
Where did you get your OEM HIDS? Did you go through Ford or from a private seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Where did you get your OEM HIDS? Did you go through Ford or from a private seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was able to take them off my 14 raptor before it was modified heavily. But you can source them from Tasca or if you’re lucky, FRF.

Just be careful on EBay as many people on them sell fakes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts