F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just returned from a relatively short trip with the TT. I have been running the 5* 93 perf/tow tune for about 6 weeks now and the truck has finally "gotten used" to the tune. All of this trip was on pretty hilly roads and we averaged 9.8 mpg. The powerband is amazing, IC temps ran about 20 F above ambient under load, and the coolant was a steady 195.

Most notable was a run through Rockfish Gap on I-64 near Charlottesville, VA. This pass requires an uphill climb over a few miles at a pretty constant grade. We cruised up the gap at a steady 65 mph, in 5th gear at 2100 rpm. This truck never even felt the grade or the 7500 lbs behind it. We passed three other trucks pulling camping trailers, including an F250 5.4 towing a fifth wheeler and we passed them like they were standing still.

This EB motor continues to amaze me.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm totally stock and can't believe the towing performance of these Eco's! :) I'm grinning when I see that 5% grade sign now! :) :)

Mitch

·
Registered
158 Posts
500 miles towing a 26 footer this past week with my '13 F150 (3.55 rear end). 9.4mpg at speeds up to 70mph and maintaining 55-60mph on the steeps, e.g. 6% grades with elevations exceeding 12,000 feet ASL. I didn't push her too hard and never had the accelerator floored once. Although I miss the fuel economy of a diesel, I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just had my first towing trip this weekend as well. Only a short camping trip about 50mi each way, mix of hills and flats, averaged 11.5 mpg at a pretty constant 55-60mph most of the trip. 2013 FX4, Max Tow 3.73, 5.5bed. TT is 26ft 5th wheel dry weight about 5k, loaded is around 6500. This truck def. rocks. I thought my '04 Lariat SC with 3.73 towed great, but damn! I didn't even know the trailer was back there... And so much quieter than my 5.4 too while pulling those hills. Money well spent!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Just had my first towing trip this weekend as well. Only a short camping trip about 50mi each way, mix of hills and flats, averaged 11.5 mpg at a pretty constant 55-60mph most of the trip. 2013 FX4, Max Tow 3.73, 5.5bed. TT is 26ft 5th wheel dry weight about 5k, loaded is around 6500. This truck def. rocks. I thought my '04 Lariat SC with 3.73 towed great, but damn! I didn't even know the trailer was back there... And so much quieter than my 5.4 too while pulling those hills. Money well spent!
I haven't towed a camper yet, but my boat and other loads of things I've hauled have been unnoticeable!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Guess I can add a little to the excitement. Just returned from our 2nd outing with the new 5er last week. Again was only bout 150 miles round trip to our other favorite FSCG. Again went from 5500 ft to pertnear 8000 ft elevation in the 75 miles. Betsy averaged 10.4 goin up, and 14.4 coming home with an average of 12.4 (truck calculated). I know down hill most of the way home but still very impressed with it pulling the 5er. Still stock, no tunes, no added suspension...nuttin hony.

Milo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts