F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Fx4 with the LCD screen between the rpm and speed.

Was working fine as normal last I drove the truck on Saturday. Came to work this morning, it is black.

Park , drive etc works. Rpm and speed works, indicators like cruise control still light up below the rpm and speed. Just the LCD screen is not working. Thus, no gear indicator, turn signals, miles etc. Sync screen works fine too.

I am going to try to do engineering test mode after work, which is holding the OK button on the steering wheel and see if that makes the screen turn on. If it doesn't, anyone know of any fuses I should check? Otherwise I am going to have to take the dash apart.

Thanks

·
Administrator
7,787 Posts
Check Fuses if engineering mode doesn't fix the issue.

Under hood:
#26 (10amp)
#75 (25amp)

Passenger kick panel:
#2 (15amp)
#11 (10amp) <--Instrument Cluster
#18 (10amp)
#31 (5amp)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
This happened to me last year. Just went black. I was pissed. Next day when I went out to take a look it came back on and have had ZERO issues since lol

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO it sat at work over 8 hours, did the self reset?, and when I came back out it was working fine. shrug.

I will try engineering mode test and see if it says anything. I did not tonight because it was working fine.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
SO it sat at work over 8 hours, did the self reset?, and when I came back out it was working fine. shrug.

I will try engineering mode test and see if it says anything. I did not tonight because it was working fine.
If it is like mine you should be fine for over a year now LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts