F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off Hello.... I've been an Eco-boost owner from 2011 with a 2011 XTR that I than traded for a 2013 FX4. I'll be installing a 2.5"/3" Auto spring level and 35's this weekend. I would like to than do a free flow intake and exhaust to free up a bit of power to compensate for the larger tires (until I Re-gear).
I tow a a lot so my concern is the drone from a lot if the aftermarket exhaust. Just wondering if anyone has had good experience / results from a certain exhaust?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So full Race seems like it may do the trick.. I've also read about a "solo?" Exhaust with a J pipe? Any one know what I'm talking about?
thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Vendor
1,517 Posts
We'll be doing a video of the Stainless 4" Diamond Eye Kit on our EcoBoost truck here soonish. We're waiting for another kit to come in for our 5.0L before we swap the Diamond Eye over, since it has cross-fitment between both engines.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I wanna get a 4" with no muffler so I can add my own in. Any suggestions for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,517 Posts
I wanna get a 4" with no muffler so I can add my own in. Any suggestions for that?
If you already have a muffler, then you're probably better off talking to a local exhaust shop and seeing if they can custom make a 4" kit for you. I don't think there's a single cat-back that we sell that totally deletes the muffler, so you'd be basically paying for hardware that you're going to dump anyway.

If you don't have a muffler and aren't in a hurry, we got about five different kits installed and filmed last week, and Dylan's working the footage as we speak. If you're willing to wait, then you might find a complete kit that you like.

Still, if you are dead-set on a kit, then any of the Diamond Eyes would work. Their muffler assembly is a separate piece from the inlet pipe and over-axle tube, making it easy to mod to your needs. Price point is also fairly low.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm wanting to run a hushpower muffler. I've had several on different vehicles over the years and have always loved it! They do a real good job filtering out all the high notes from your exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Afe and flo pro make kits that don't include a muffler but like [email protected] says, as cheap as the diamond eye kit is You could use that and just install the muffler you want to use there instead of the diamond eye. Unless the muffler you want is a different length then you'd have to do some modifying.

·
Vendor
1,517 Posts
How long is the diamond eye muffler?
Just went out and measured it. Take this as a pretty rough measurement, because I was laying under the truck trying to measure, but I got 29.5" from edge of the inlet to edge of the outlet.

I would still suggest you get a quote from a local shop or two before buying a complete kit.

·
Registered
461 Posts
SOLO exhaust comes with J-pipe and has no drone....only a couple peeps on this site have the SOLO but each of them are highly impressed with their pipes....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts