F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I ordered a basic interior lighting led conversion kit from amazon. It worked great/look great. After doing this I was immediately hooked on the look of the led bulbs installed as well as the crisp clean look of the led light. I installed led running/turn signal leds, side marker leds, map light leds, dome led, cargo light leds (in the rear brake lights white lights), reverse lights, and license plate leds. Now the reason I am posting is because there is not a hefty amount of LED bulb converge on the forum (or at least when I was looking I could not find much).

Anyways, After installed the running/turn signal LEDS I realized I will resistors in order to get rid of the hyper flash! along with resistors in all 4 tail lights as well!!! woops. I will be posting some pictures of how they turn out. Most of all if you have questions about the bulb sizes and installation please feel free to ask I will be more than happy to help because it drove me nuts removing some the lighting enclosures.

Parts on order/installed

1. Resistor kit
2. Tail/brake/turn signals (these may not require resistors I should find out for sure tonight after install)
3. Side markers
4. Running/turn signals (switchbacks)
5. Interior conversion kit
6. Fogs

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
So, I ordered a basic interior lighting led conversion kit from amazon. It worked great/look great. After doing this I was immediately hooked on the look of the led bulbs installed as well as the crisp clean look of the led light. I installed led running/turn signal leds, side marker leds, map light leds, dome led, cargo light leds (in the rear brake lights white lights), reverse lights, and license plate leds. Now the reason I am posting is because there is not a hefty amount of LED bulb converge on the forum (or at least when I was looking I could not find much).

Anyways, After installed the running/turn signal LEDS I realized I will resistors in order to get rid of the hyper flash! along with resistors in all 4 tail lights as well!!! woops. I will be posting some pictures of how they turn out. Most of all if you have questions about the bulb sizes and installation please feel free to ask I will be more than happy to help because it drove me nuts removing some the lighting enclosures.

Parts on order/installed

1. Resistor kit
2. Tail/brake/turn signals (these may not require resistors I should find out for sure tonight after install)
3. Side markers
4. Running/turn signals (switchbacks)
5. Interior conversion kit
6. Fogs
Nice post man. Especially the links to the individual bulbs. FWIW, there are a TON of other posts on this subject, but it has been my experience that the search function on pretty much every forum leave a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice post man. Especially the links to the individual bulbs. FWIW, there are a TON of other posts on this subject, but it has been my experience that the search function on pretty much every forum leave a lot to be desired.
hahaha yeah the search tool is not very helpful most of the time. Also, I meant to credit you with the fog light selection you were the one who recommended them I believe.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
hahaha yeah the search tool is not very helpful most of the time. Also, I meant to credit you with the fog light selection you were the one who recommended them I believe.
No worries. Yeah the Putco Optic 360 is the closest thing I could find that was acceptable. Still loses a little bit of distance compared to the factory halogens. Let me know when you're ready to upgrade your fogs to some REAL lights....:cool:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No worries. Yeah the Putco Optic 360 is the closest thing I could find that was acceptable. Still loses a little bit of distance compared to the factory halogens. Let me know when you're ready to upgrade your fogs to some REAL lights....:cool:
My original intentions were to order some KC lights with your advice. But, then someone gave me an amazon gifit card and I went ape **** with what ever leds fit off of amazon! However, I need to slow my roll of real mods. I gotta remember the TRUCK PAYMENTS!!!!!!! man I hate those hahaha. I would love some sort of lighting system behind my lariat grill though!!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
My original intentions were to order some KC's through you. But, then someone gave me an amazon gifit card and I went ape **** with what ever leds fit off of amazon! However, I need to slow my roll of real mods. I gotta remember the TRUCK PAYMENTS!!!!!!! man I hate those hahaha. I would love some sort of lighting system behind my lariat grill though!!
Cool....

To be clear to everyone....I am NOT a KC dealer....so you can't actually order lights "through me"....but I do know where/how to help you find good deals...:cool:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool....

To be clear to everyone....I am NOT a KC dealer....so you can't actually order lights "through me"....but I do know where/how to help you find good deals...:cool:
I knew that.....poor wording on my part. EDITED previous post ^

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed my LED kit in the interior, reverse, & cargo lights and love them.....now that you provided the list for the other LED's i was going to purchase next I am set! I havent really searched for any though and I do not think you will need the resisters.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed my LED kit in the interior, reverse, & cargo lights and love them.....now that you provided the list for the other LED's i was going to purchase next I am set! I havent really searched for any though and I do not think you will need the resisters.
For the switch back led which are the running and turn signals you will. Maybe not the tails because the colors of the leds do not change when the turn signal is activated. I orderd a hand full of resistors incase the tails need them. If one bulb that is a turn is hyperflashing all the turns will hyper flash regardless. Supposedly the resistors are the only fix to hyper flashing. Ill for sure tonight or tomorrow after the resistors are installed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ok I just ordered the interior conversion kit you have listed, will be here on the 9th! Thanks for the list! Will post pics when they are installed. Will I need resistors for these?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I just ordered the interior conversion kit you have listed, will be here on the 9th! Thanks for the list! Will post pics when they are installed. Will I need resistors for these?
No you will not need resistors for any of the bulbs that come in the kit i posted. Also fyi for the dome light you may need to squeeze the metal prongs closer together in order to hold the bulb tight. You may need tinker with the liscense plat bulbs a tad. Also remeber if they do not light up the first time take the bulb out and install them upside down + and - should be marked on them..... Very easy install please pm if you need help ill doy best to help ya out

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
No you will not need resistors for any of the bulbs that come in the kit i posted. Also fyi for the dome light you may need to squeeze the metal prongs closer together in order to hold the bulb tight. You may need tinker with the liscense plat bulbs a tad. Also remeber if they do not light up the first time take the bulb out and install them upside down + and - should be marked on them..... Very easy install please pm if you need help ill doy best to help ya out

Thanks
thanks for the info, will let you know as soon as they come in the mail. Do the interior light give off plenty of light?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the info, will let you know as soon as they come in the mail. Do the interior light give off plenty of light?
They give off way more light than i expected for a $30 set. Lets put it this way. They looked way better and i saw no need to switch them. I could see some people saying it would be hard to read with them. But honestly i think they do the job well. Also youll have 2 extra map light bulbs they will work in the cargo light sockets on the rear high brake light.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok update for anyone following my conversion project. You will need the resistors for the running lights/turn signals. I installed them yesterday and the hyperflash is now gone.......they work perfect. I hope the tail lights get here today because I am not sure if they will need resistors since they only have red leds on the bulbs.

thanks.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I'm wondering what with happen with your brakes/tails. I was told I would have to run resistors in my front turn signal lights to prevent hyper flash, even though they aren't switch backs. That turned out not to be the case

Using lots of smilies because Kylie loves them :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
We need some pictures and videos. ..thanks for the info.

Sent from my F150 using boost.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We need some pictures and videos. ..thanks for the info.

Sent from my F150 using boost.
You got man ill put together some tutorials together. What portions of the conversion do you need to see?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts