F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

After many hours of online searching and researching I've narrow down my choices to two tonneau covers, the Leer 700 and the Leer 550:

Automotive exterior Automotive tail & brake light Truck bed part Automotive lighting Trunk
Leer 700

Automotive exterior Automotive tail & brake light Truck bed part Vehicle Car
Leer 550

I have my preference, however, I wanted a 2nd (or 20th) opinion. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
113 Posts
i like it clean , so it'll have to be the 550 for me

·
Registered
74 Posts
If I had to buy one it would be the 550. I used to have an ARE with the raised center and never cared for it. That 550 is smooth

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
550!

Clean lines!

SPPD

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Looking at those pictures of just the bed of the truck you can't see that the 700 mirrors the lines in the hood of the truck. When viewed in its entirety the truck with the 700 would look much better than it does in the above pic. Another point to consider. The flair out at the top of our tailgates will have a great inpact on the look of whatever cover you choose. Its best to gauge whether you like a cover or not by how it looks on a Ford because it will be different due to the flair than what you see in the listed pics. Now that that's out of the way. I like them both.:D

·
Registered
393 Posts
I personally prefer the 550.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
550!

·
Registered
868 Posts
OK, i wasnt gunna play this game but everybody seems to say they like the smooth look.
i personally dont think my truck has anything smooth on it at all and like wendy said it will look different on a ford due to the tailgate than the chevy picture.
i would prefer the 700 to be a little different and have some lines
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
you could have the ecobeast decals cut smaller and even run them on the raised line up the center rib

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow.. thank you for the overwhelming response everyone.. i'll be honest.. i was leaning towards the 700.. for the reasons wendy and brian mentioned.. but.. will be heading to my local leer dealer to compare in person tomorrow..

@brian351w - ecobeast decals on the raised line up the center rib... AWESOME IDEA!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yep, I vote for the 700 myself. Now if the 550 were finished in a textured finish in a contrasting color it would be a much tougher call. But as offered here as if I would have to give the 700 my thumbs up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts