F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad has been going back and forth between a ranger and an f150 for a while now. After driving around and testing them out he has tentatively decided on an f-150 as he preferred the way it drove to that of the ranger. The f-150 also will make it easier to move equipment around on the farm and allow us to share trailers and such. He is in no great hurry to purchase but is seeing if he likes any of the leftovers.

Today he sent me this sticker. I think it looks perfect and has everything we had talked about him wanting. How does everyone like the 10 speed? Any issues with the stop start? Anything I should let him know about this vehicle.

Also is there any way to guestimate the GCWR? He is viewing the truck in question Saturday as it was in their storage lot and he didn't have time to wait today.

Any thoughts???

THanks yall!1

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Nice truck.

Typical SuperCrew 3.5EB XLT 4x4 towing machine.

I expect about a 1600-1700 lb Payload Capacity? So in my book, you can tow just about anything in the world that fits within that Payload capacity.

Towing capacity usually is limited first by Cargo Capacity. The drive train isn't the limiter. That chassis is maxed out before that drive train is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
What are they coming at you with as far as money off that sticker price?

This time of year it should be at least $10k off sticker

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my parents are going to go and see it on Saturday and he's supposed to send me a picture of the all mighty yellow sticker then. At the moment I believe the number is right around 13k off.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@snakebitten you were pretty dead on with the payload, 1768lb on the sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
@snakebitten you were pretty dead on with the payload, 1768lb on the sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've looked at a bunch of yellow stickers. Lol

The first thing I do when walking inventory or helping someone pick a truck, is open the driver's door. And I've been asked countless times "what are you looking at?"

I usually respond with something snarky like "seeing how much truck this one is"

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've looked at a bunch of yellow stickers. Lol

The first thing I do when walking inventory or helping someone pick a truck, is open the driver's door. And I've been asked countless times "what are you looking at?"

I usually respond with something snarky like "seeing how much truck this one is"

What is the yellow sticker you are referring too? Were getting ready to start looking for a jeep for the wife, is there some hidden "real price" sticker, i'm going to need all the tricks and tips I can get.

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
What is the yellow sticker you are referring too? Were getting ready to start looking for a jeep for the wife, is there some hidden "real price" sticker, i'm going to need all the tricks and tips I can get.
"Yellow Sticker" isn't really yellow, but has yellow in it. It's posted on the door jamb of the driver's door. Supposedly it is generated at the end of the assembly line when the vehicle is weighed "as built", and then calculates the actual cargo capacity for that specific vehicle.

In the truck world, cargo capacity is very likely the limit you run into before you hit towing capacity.

Towing capacity gets all the marketing hype and bragging rights, but it's unrealistic to expect your truck to tow a load that it can't legitimately "carry". Especially the Ecoboost!

It's gotta TON of towing power, but it's a ½ ton wagon. So those horses might be capable of pulling the cart, but the cart has to be capable of carrying the cargo. (horse cart analogy for clarification)

Below is an example of the yellow sticker
maxpay1 (2).jpg

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice choice, especially the color!
Lol thanks! I was laughing because I guess my family just really likes red, my mom and dad now have the same color on their f150/edge, my sister has the same red on her focus too. I am the only one without that particular color!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts