F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Turbo, I have 20 inch monster rims I believe the offsets were 18mm with a 6in BDS lift on 35 Nitto grappler tires. The offset measurements gave us a really hard time every way we configured there was always some type of rubbing. The only rubbing I've had with this size is from the front lower protector panel underneath the bumper which isn't a big deal so I grinder the plastic ends down a little.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Thats the exact offset I have decided to go with, 18x9 +00 offset with 33x11.50 and a 1 1/2" level. What size are your tires and level? Do you have any rubbing or problems? Thank you
Tires are 305/55/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Level is a 2" Hell Bent Steel. I had very slight rubbing in 2 locations..

1. Front air dam curved back towards tire a bit too much. Took a razor to round the corner off then a file to smooth it out. Looks very factory.
2. Back of wheel well where the fender flare mounts. A corner stuck out just due to the bolt holding the flare down. Just trimmed the corner. Can't even tell.

·
Registered
522 Posts
^^^ Get your fenders in a hurry or up your budget for new paint.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
6,650 Posts

Those are plus 18??? look more like a 0 or -12. Those things stick out like 3 inches. My +18 mm only stick out like an inch.

NVM dum dum me forgot you went wider on the suspension with the raptor set up!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Any negative impact on handling? More leverage against the springs must make the suspension soft, not to mention amplified camber changes over the bumps.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Any negative impact on handling? More leverage against the springs must make the suspension soft, not to mention amplified camber changes over the bumps.
Well, these struts are actually made for this suspension, so it rides 10x better. As far as handling goes, there's more body roll than before, but it strangely feels more planted.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well, these struts are actually made for this suspension, so it rides 10x better. As far as handling goes, there's more body roll than before, but it strangely feels more planted.

You increased your track width a fair amount and softened up your suspension. So you'll lean but you wont go anywhere. #RocketScience

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
You increased your track width a fair amount and softened up your suspension. So you'll lean but you wont go anywhere. #RocketScience
Lol yeah, just those two usually don't go together.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I need a wider stance until I get new wheels. Does anyone know anything about wheel spacers? Saw some at customoffsets.com. they're cheap. They come in 1", 1.25", 1.5", 1.75", 2". If I got the 1.5", my +25 wheels a -12 offset

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
There is a big thread on spacers on f150forum.com. Looks like lots of people use them successfully.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I wouldn't run spacers on anything bigger than a sxs, it's just not safe.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I need a wider stance until I get new wheels. Does anyone know anything about wheel spacers? Saw some at customoffsets.com. they're cheap. They come in 1", 1.25", 1.5", 1.75", 2". If I got the 1.5", my +25 wheels a -12 offset
Tim you are all over the place buddy haha. I used 1.5" spacers from SpiderTrax on my FJC with success. Just be sure to buy quality ones and use locktite to the correct tq specs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a set of brand new spacers air craft grade 5 lug pattern built in lock bolts let me know if your interested. Oh yeah and they are hubcentric which is important if you get spacers they should all be hubcentric.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Tim you are all over the place buddy haha. I used 1.5" spacers from SpiderTrax on my FJC with success. Just be sure to buy quality ones and use locktite to the correct tq specs.
This was going to be a temporary solution until I get wider wheels. My truck needs better stance

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
This was going to be a temporary solution until I get wider wheels. My truck needs better stance
Stance.... I hate that word.... Lol

21 - 40 of 89 Posts