F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is important in life to have toys. As many as possible. I don't have enough. Just replaced the Chevy with the Hummer Wheels with the Red Platinum.

GTO_2017PPT_10152017.jpg SSleft1.jpg VTXrside.jpg poopy2.JPG rzr800s.JPG Photo Feb 03, 5 26 33 PM.jpg CTSPremium.JPG

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
It is important in life to have toys. As many as possible. I don't have enough. Just replaced the Chevy with the Hummer Wheels with the Red Platinum.
Gold mining really paid off!

PS - the 454SS looks great with the sawblades...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gold mining really paid off!

PS - the 454SS looks great with the sawblades...
Sure has LOL. I'm the better looking non-Gold Mining Tod Hoffmann (sp?).

Thanks. I've owned it 28 years and they have been on it for 20 at least.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Got this beauty a couple of weeks ago, should be getting it from the shop any day now. Dropped it off right after I got it to get the left-side turn signals and headlight R&R'd, current safety inspection done, and a set of black s/s brake lines front and rear installed. It's a 2002 883R with a 1450 big bore kit (dyno sheet shows 108 hp and 102 ft-lbs torque at the wheels), haven't even ridden it yet, but I'm expecting a big ear to ear grin when I do. Also have a fork brace and steering stabilizer waiting to be installed, which I'll do once I get the bike back.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Got this interesting little piece several weeks ago. It's a 1980 MGB with a Rover 4.0 V8, T5 manual trans, Miata seats with headrest speakers, and backdated with chrome bumpers / grill / side marker lights delete. Flew up to CT and drove it 10 hours back down to VA, didn't miss a beat, although it ran a little hotter than I was comfortable with. So I replaced the stock small dual electric pusher fans with a single 10" electric pusher fan as the auxiliary, and a 13" mechanical puller fan as the primary. Did the trick, needle barely goes past the half-way mark now. Also changed the exhaust to a more "traditional" 2-1 using a single chambered muffler, resonator, and 3" tip, so it looks more stock. Car is a hoot to drive, shifts flawlessly, and makes those sounds that only a V8 can make!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
That's spectacular!

I was fortunate enough to have been rewarded a brand new MG as a graduation present from high school.

(much to the DISMAY of all but 1 of 5 siblings. Seems mom was thrilled that not all of her offspring quit school and entered the workforce early)

Anyways, that little MG is exactly why I drive a Mazdarati (Miata) almost a half a century later. It truly is reliving a magical time of my youth everytime I stuff myself into the cockpit of the 2-seat top down roadster.

I've lived long enough to experience so many different ways to enjoy g-forces and traveling terrestrialy across land and sea. But the invention of the British 2-seater roadster method of getting there from here is one of my all time favorites!

Congratulations on the find and the passion to go fetch it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
By the way, that's far more beautiful and traditional looking than the American version of the fat rubber bumper MG's of that Era.

It's stunning

·
Registered
302 Posts
By the way, that's far more beautiful and traditional looking than the American version of the fat rubber bumper MG's of that Era.

It's stunning

Thanks for the kind words! I think the backdating of the bumpers and grill is a HUGE improvement over the big rubber bumpers that originally came on the car, gives it a more classic and traditional look, that's for sure. All the gauges work like they're supposed to, even the clock. I might replace the black spark plug wires with some red or gray ones, just to give the engine compartment some color, and emphasize it has 8 cylinders! I liked that this one has a Rover V8, to me it helps to retain it's "Britishness", as opposed to one with a small-block Ford or Chevy engine. I've taken it to some cars & coffee events and cruise-ins, and it's gotten lots of compliments, once the shock of noticing it has a V8 with MG valve covers wears off, lol!

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Well, I already said it, but I love it.

I've stared at that front end and the dashboard for a long time. The fella that had the passion to see that through did us both a favor.

More you than me, of course. Lol

But I'm glad you let me see it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was having a difficult time finding some colored spark plug wires that I liked, so I got those "socks" for the ends of the wires instead. They would've gone on much easier if the boots were straight, but they're angled, so they took some doing to get those socks seated correctly. But they're on now, helps emphasize the 8 cylinders under the hood!

Attachments

281 - 293 of 293 Posts