F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this has been beat to death and I have read different threads but what is the best way to level a 2wd that dosnt require to much alignment work? No spring spacers. Basically I would like to know the pros and cons of new coil overs such as Ranchoand the strut extensions.
thanks

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Lol. If you pull the struts and springs you need an alignment anyhow. If you put a spacer on top you need an alignment.

Alignment costs $60-100 round here. It's just booking the time to get it in. I haven't yet and I've put 2000km on mine and haven't noticed any more inner or outer tire wear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured that....what are the pros and cons of the two types.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
If you go to the quick lifts they are adjustable I believe. If you go with a spacer. Your are stuck at that height.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah..what about reliability or stress on other parts....does the spacer keep the factory ride...is the new coil over really stiff? Or do they ride good?

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Factory ride with the spacers. Just more ground clearance is all. Can't say with the shock kits. Unless you do a lot of 4wd you probably don't want the struts any softer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts