F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie rookie here at the forum with a 2015 F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L. Ecoboost. I'm very appreciative of all the really helpful advice I have been given on here from the Obi-Wan's of all that is Ford F150.

I have finally narrowed it down to getting a 2" level and 285/65/20 BFG TK/02's (thanks to all the photos and responses for the past week!).

My final needed advice is...

If cost is not really an issue, Is a level on the stock setup just as good, or is doing the coilovers the best route for the ultimate set up and ride quality (again, I only want 2" front level, I'd prefer either no rake or a slight rake---- not a real lift). If coilover is the best route, what's better, the full kit (2" front, 2" back--can you do a 1.5" in the back. leave the back stock?) And if I do go this route, is there a bunch of calibrating, tuning, other mods needed?

Again, if this is the best route, I have heard the best brands are: F150 lifts. Boss, Fox, and Icon are the best with a few saying Rancho. Any opinions? I don't want to spend unnecessary money, but will do if it's necessary to achieve optimum results (why not, spend $62K on a truck, what's another $3-4K right??)

I do 70% highway/town driving, 30% mountain road trips in winter snow, some off-road (light to medium gravel/fire roads and beach/sand) and will tow a 5600LB 23' Mastercraft a few times in the summer (2-3 small trips less that 50 miles total, boat stays in water for most of summer, no long distance towing but would like to be able to obviously if necessary).

Again, much appreciated for all the help and sound advice you all give, I look forward to any responses!

Cheers!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got the F150Boss Kit ready to install in my truck this week. A new set of coil overs is definitely the way to go. If you can, add a new set of UCA's to the mix and you'll be a happy camper. This is my first time going coil over upgrade, I've beat many front ends up with just the spacer level, it's hard on the factory parts.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I wouldn't waste the money on coilovers until your stockers are toast. Waste of money imo unless you are planning lots of offroading and if you are then a suspension lift is probably more warranted. Because all of those coil over kits still put your cvs and ball joints at ****ty angles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great advice guys! I may just wait for the coilover route then since I'm not off-roading all thatch at all (fire roads occasionally, more snow and long road trips). Any pics? What size tires are U running? I appreciate the tips!

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you are staying on the street most of the time, level install is a fine option.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just had the Icon Stage 1 kit all the way around installed. Truck sits nice and ride was improved from stock.
I have a 15 platinum with 2500 miles on it, 2000 with the Icon installed

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Why not go with some Bilstein 5100's. Better shocks than OE. Don't have to use a spacer and cheaper than coilover's. Err do they even make the '15 model yet?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts