F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my kit put on yesterday. The 35 inch tires i bought for it didn't fit because of the extra offset on my wheels. So i gotta figure out if i want to get smaller tires, different wheels, or lift it higher to keep same tires and wheels

ForumRunner_20130927_080003.jpg

This is my truck next to my dads 2010 with 5.4 v8

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks good. What level kit did you use?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Truck looks good, just curious, did you do any research before buying the 35's you though would fit?
That seems like a lot of money. I'm going to run stock until I wear them out then look at options using the stock rims.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Truck looks good, just curious, did you do any research before buying the 35's you though would fit?
That seems like a lot of money. I'm going to run stock until I wear them out then look at options using the stock rims.
Yea i just saw that 35s would fit with leveling kit really didn't think about the offset on my wheels. I will figure something out haha

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yea i just saw that 35s would fit with leveling kit really didn't think about the offset on my wheels. I will figure something out haha

That is one huge bumper setup you have. I'm wondering how that front would look with a black grill. The chrome kinda gets lost with the bumper while a black one would make the bumper & grill pop out more.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I have 0 offset and 35's weren't even close to fitting. The largest tire I could fit was 305/55/20

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm hoping mine will look ok with stock size tires.
I do eventually want to change from the junk Goodyear tires.
I'll know sometime Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
It will look just fine with stock tires. I ran stock tires for a short period of time with a level.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Lol. It will look as stock as the rear already does just exactly the same in the front.

Our stock tires on this truck are actually quite big already.

·
Registered
565 Posts
it will look fine with stock tires and a leveling kit just becareful where you drive with those junk goodyear's i had 3 of the 5 go flat.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looks good, where did you get the windshield banner?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
it will look fine with stock tires and a leveling kit just becareful where you drive with those junk goodyear's i had 3 of the 5 go flat.
The most off road this truck will see is logging roads in Maine. I bought it for economical transportation that will tow my work trailer and occasionally the dump trailer.
Where were you driving? The only time I've ever hear of that happening, the guy was driving down a long stretch of snowmobile trail and picked up some studs in his tires.
Been there done that off road thing. Had a 97 T-100 jacked, supercharged with every option you could put on a truck at the time. Every time I took it off road it took me a full day of 8-10 hours to get it all cleaned up and shinny. Then I'd still have silt & mud running out of cracks that I couldn't get to for a month after that.
Best most dependable truck I've ever owned in my life. The Ford has already been in the shop more then the 97 Toyota was.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The most off road this truck will see is logging roads in Maine. I bought it for economical transportation that will tow my work trailer and occasionally the dump trailer.
Where were you driving? The only time I've ever hear of that happening, the guy was driving down a long stretch of snowmobile trail and picked up some studs in his tires.
Been there done that off road thing. Had a 97 T-100 jacked, supercharged with every option you could put on a truck at the time. Every time I took it off road it took me a full day of 8-10 hours to get it all cleaned up and shinny. Then I'd still have silt & mud running out of cracks that I couldn't get to for a month after that.
Best most dependable truck I've ever owned in my life. The Ford has already been in the shop more then the 97 Toyota was.
it was two different times of coarse both at night tho. the first one was on a dirt tourist loop to see wild horses that was a nail split the tread like 4inches so it was unfixable. scond time it was just a random two track that fallows the Train tracks not sure what it was but it took both the right side tires out but i was able to get them fixed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts