F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what's your opinion on a Leveling kit, today I dropped by a 4 wheel parts and they wanted to charge me 600$ for a leveling kit which is 2-3" with labor and a alignment. Anyone know any good leveling kits or what kind of places I should go to get it leveled.

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Registered
394 Posts
I did my Rancho Quick Lift myself. It's easy. Then I took it to get the front end aligned. If you have any mechanical skills it shouldn't be hard for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
$600 is a little pricey I was quoted $500 from a local Ford dealer. $250 for the kit, $150 for Labour, and $100 for alignment.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I got a 2" front level that has zero flaws and factory ride quality for about 1/6 the price of that of that! The Rancho quick lift seems to be the most popular choice though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a 2WD XLT, and okay yea some guys suggested getting the 2" Shocks leveler, can anyone post links? I'd really appreciate it. Does alignment from ford fall under our warranty or Maintenance Agreements if we paid for it?

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also just checked out the Rancho leveling kits/shocks, would I need to buy 4 shocks first to level the front? Some guys at 4 wheel parts got me confused does this just lift the front or will a leveling kit push my whole truck front 3" to level and 2" in back?

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a 2" front level that has zero flaws and factory ride quality for about 1/6 the price of that of that! The Rancho quick lift seems to be the most popular choice though.
So you only leveled the front? I'm confused when guys say they got a 2" lift, that is basically a leveling kit correct? Or that's separate because that would mean 3" in front shocks and 2" in back?

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The 2" I have is a front shock spacer. I left the rear alone. My truck sits perfectly level with the 2 spacers. The Rancho seems to be the best choice though.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Just a heads up on the rancho quick lift kits, they are only good for the 4wd guys. I have a 2wd and I did the Daystar 2 inch F150 leveling kit. There are a bunch of pics and videos on that link for the daystar kit. It honestly rides completely stock.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it, so if I just lifted the front with the spacers is the ride just as smooth or is it a little bit more rough. Including that kid you linked Stage3

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Registered
873 Posts
When I leveled my 04 I felt like it started to drive lik a truck again and not a civic. Then it really stiffened up when i put on load range e bfgs.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I just set up an appointment with Ford to have my new truck checked out for some issues that I have. I asked about a leveling kit and was told that it will not effect the warranty unless something breaks and it is directly related to the add on parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a 2WD XLT, and okay yea some guys suggested getting the 2" Shocks leveler, can anyone post links? I'd really appreciate it. Does alignment from ford fall under our warranty or Maintenance Agreements if we paid for it?

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST
A leveling kit is just the 2" spacer for the front shocks, if you get a kit for the rear than your getting a lift kit. Ford will pay for 1 alignment under the factory warranty, not sure what ESP or FMPP will do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
mornin all!

just called les schwab and they want $350 out the door for a 2" leveling kit made of aluminum, hows that price sound?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gotcha yea my main concern is the ride, the Rancho front lift kit they said do it so it's actual shocks going up front to lift which will make the ride alot nicer, but it's a bit more pricey anyone else got opinions or personal experience with ride being more rough or if it stays the same, I really just want to raise the front level and keep back the same. While keeping my ride nice if that's to much to ask for haha

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Look into the Hell Bent Steel 2" level or the Autospring 2" level. They are both spacer mounts. I have the HBS, my brother has the autospring... Both of us love the ride quality.

·
Registered
868 Posts
mornin all!

just called les schwab and they want $350 out the door for a 2" leveling kit made of aluminum, hows that price sound?
is that custom made and installed ?
sounds high for my liking and the hr or 2 it would take me to install my own.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts