F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to lift/level my 2018 XLT ecoboost. I had found the following kit with good reviews:
ICON Vehicle Dynamics 0-2 in. Suspension Lift System - Stage 1(15-20 4WD F-150, Excluding Raptor)

I am putting 20" rims with 33" tires. When I talked to my mechanic he mentioned this kit wasn't necessary. He said I could simply put new shocks on the front with spacers and accomplish the same thing for less money. I had read that spacers make the ride much rougher however? I am a new truck owner, so am open to any suggestions on the best way to accommodate leveling the truck to keep a smooth ride, but better look? FYI, I also tow a camper over the summers, so he suggested air bags in the rear to help keep things level when towing. Does this sound like sound advice?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,108 Posts
I wouldn't use a spacer.

A VERY popular way to level your truck is putting Bilstein 5100's on it. They have built in lift increments. Tons of fellas around here have done so.

OH, and they are much better shocks to boot. (than oem) So it's win win

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Moderstrator
3,225 Posts
Ditto on the 5100’s. Admittedly there are better (usually more expensive) systems but when it comes to the cost vs. return consideration the Bilstein’s are a tough act to follow.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
New shocks and a space dont accomplish the same thing as the icons, or even the $375 Bilsteins the others mentions.

If you wanna save some $ the bilsteins or Eibach Sport shocks are the way to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am looking to lift/level my 2018 XLT ecoboost. I had found the following kit with good reviews:
ICON Vehicle Dynamics 0-2 in. Suspension Lift System - Stage 1(15-20 4WD F-150, Excluding Raptor)

I am putting 20" rims with 33" tires. When I talked to my mechanic he mentioned this kit wasn't necessary. He said I could simply put new shocks on the front with spacers and accomplish the same thing for less money. I had read that spacers make the ride much rougher however? I am a new truck owner, so am open to any suggestions on the best way to accommodate leveling the truck to keep a smooth ride, but better look? FYI, I also tow a camper over the summers, so he suggested air bags in the rear to help keep things level when towing. Does this sound like sound advice?

Thanks!
Hello Nova,
What did you decide or go with?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts