F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Thinking about upgrading my suspension. Don't give a damn about MPG, I wanna hear some input on what you all suggest for the EB to still keep the BOOST but feel comfortable in offroad situations and snowy roads. I know bigger tires won't slow me down Too too much. But what do yall suggest: 4" Lift 33's-35's? , Level with 33's? I've also seen coil over 1-3" suspension lifts, able to fit 33's. I do some off-roading basically just pulling off into feilds and dickin around, or hitting a few bumpy/ rocky dirt roads near by, nothing EXTREME. Need good (enough) clearance but I don't know how BAD bigger tires will slow me down on the street. I have a Diamond eye 4" cat back, and a AFE Intake. Trying to Avoid tunes in the mean time but if highly suggested I'll look into it. I like the idea of the suspension 1-3" lift just new coils and shocks and rear blocks to lift to desired height. Then throw some bigger tires on that setup. So what do you guys suggest? throw some Brand names in, and Tire widths, and heights.

THANKS.

·
Registered
706 Posts
If money isn't a issue, I personally like a 4" lift with 33x12.5 aggressive tires, with descent offset wheels. That is the perfect look for the f150 I think.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. I like that look as well and that's what I was honestly thinking. 4" with 33's. 35's are even more badass, but im
not out there mudding and off-roading every other day. Its one thing to get it for on road use only just to look badass, but when u actually go out there and **** around then it makes it way more worth it. What really got me wanting it was last wensday, at work we got the new work truck stuck, first day we had it. I'm a land surveyor so we're always out on muddy construction sites and open feilds. But new f150 STX with only street tires. Our old truck was a expedition a lot of weight from tools with AT BFGs. It was unstoppable, so my crew cheif was cocky about the new truck and got it buried to the frame deep in Mud. It was a blizzard out so no backhoe and machine drivers were there. Company had to pay a tow truck company to come out. Mind were over 1,000 feet out so no winch was gonna reach us. The towing Co. Had Jeeps, they came and rescued us after sitting out there for a few hours. But long story short, could've just been me picked up and taken back to my truck near by at the office and yanked him out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am a big fan of the 285/70/17 size tire. I like 10ply's, some sidewall, and there are many tire choices in that size. I went with a 2" front spacer, but I think maybe something other than the spacer would be optimal.
My power still feels the same, I have 3.55 gears.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel you @Beat taco 35's for sure look the best. would having 33's, which are essentially lighter then 35"s. Be Ok with a 4" lift, or would it look a little Off.. Tying to have a sufficient suspension and be higher off the ground, but not have anything that's gonna slow me WAY Down to the point where I'm gonna have to a tune it. I know that I'm gonna be slowed down a little with the beefy tires.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Either way tires have got to be wide, if they are not at least 12.5 wide on a 4" lift they look funny. For some I can see how they would think 33's are a liitle small for a 4" lift, but I like that look as long as you have a offset wheel and wide tires.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice, so how is it now Tuned?

and maybe, I don't want them too far sticking out just a little if any.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
+1 315/70/17 im on a level. 4" would be good if you spent a lot of time in bad terrain. what does terrible things to your center of gravity when you are driving sideways. with a caned tune and cat back i went 14.000 in the 1/4 on the 35's 13.7 on stock size tires. I am Not sure of my offset because I bought the wheels on Craigslist. but mine sit about flush.
Screenshot_2015-02-01-15-51-33.png
Screenshot_2015-02-01-15-51-10.png
Screenshot_2015-02-01-15-49-51.png
Screenshot_2015-02-01-15-48-38.png

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
35's don't necessarily have to hurt your performance over a 33. Just get a tall narrow tire like mentioned something like a 285. Also look at the tire weight. That makes a huge difference to acceleration.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts