F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,
I was just offered a very very good discount on a rough country lift shipped to my door but was kinda set on bds.
I'm just wondering if the price difference is really worth it for someone who's not going to be doing gnarly off roading with their truck. I'm definitely not a mall crawler but as mentioned I'm not going to be taking it anywhere gnarly except snow and fairly decent Trails (west coast mountains) so I'm kinda in the middle of those two.

I know bds is a better product that's not the question.
Just not sure which way I should go.. Hard decision.

Who's running Rough country, would love see your rigs and hear your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My shop will install it for just under $700

·
Registered
925 Posts
I will chime in with what information I have. I don’t have any personal experience with their bracket lifts on these trucks, but I’ve ran the 7.5” lift on my 2009 Sierra and the 2.5” leveling kit on my current truck. I had the Sierra lifted on their kit for 3 years and didn’t experience any issues regarding the quality of the product. They offer a lifetime warranty and constantly make revisions on their products if any weak points are identified. I know they redesigned one of their Jeep lifts based on feed back from customers in the past and provided the new part to those who had purchased the kit before the revision.

On another note, the kits are all made in Dyersburg, TN (my hometown) and have provided jobs for lots of my friends and family members. I’ve had the opportunity to see all of their facilities grow over the past 10 years.

If you are getting that good of a deal on the RC lift I wouldn’t hesitate. My thought process would be to save some money on the lift then lose the strut spacers and get better shocks/coilovers on all four corners down the road. At the end of they day it’s your choice, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will chime in with what information I have. I don’t have any personal experience with their bracket lifts on these trucks, but I’ve ran the 7.5” lift on my 2009 Sierra and the 2.5” leveling kit on my current truck. I had the Sierra lifted on their kit for 3 years and didn’t experience any issues regarding the quality of the product. They offer a lifetime warranty and constantly make revisions on their products if any weak points are identified. I know they redesigned one of their Jeep lifts based on feed back from customers in the past and provided the new part to those who had purchased the kit before the revision.

On another note, the kits are all made in Dyersburg, TN (my hometown) and have provided jobs for lots of my friends and family members. I’ve had the opportunity to see all of their facilities grow over the past 10 years.

If you are getting that good of a deal on the RC lift I wouldn’t hesitate. My thought process would be to save some money on the lift then lose the strut spacers and get better shocks/coilovers on all four corners down the road. At the end of they day it’s your choice, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In my research that's what I've been finding, they seem very perceptive to feedback and do what it takes to make things right and make changes.

That's awesome to hear about your experience with their product as well, I appreciate the reply.

That's totally my plans also, within hopefully the next year I would be replacing the spacers and the rear shocks with their vertex resivor coilovers and rear shocks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just lifted mine(controversy about it in the suspension section lol). All in all I've had a few lifted trucks over the years and just installed a 6 inch kit from RC and was considering BDS because of their warranty guard. But I found the RC offers the same service, if that day ever comes that a suspension part breaks or stealership denies me because its lifted then we i guess ill see just how good RC warranty really is. Far as installation and build quality of everything they shipped me every thing was painted nicely and no dents or scratches on anything and every bolt hole lined up and every wield looked solid during install. I went the cheaper route with the spacers because I planned on coilovers eventually (probably coming a little sooner than my pockets would like). But I cant take away anything from the RC kit and i've helped install my friends BDS kit which was nice. As far as base kits go id choose RC everytime because its cheaper so I could afford better shocks/coilovers. The only thing I can say negative is the spacers from rough county are UGLY, they work but that design is awful, but with coilovers you'd never see them:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts