F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20 inch light bar in the turbo intake of the truck. Im looking to remove the fog lights and put in pods and also add a 50 inch above the windshield. Anyone out there down this and have any suggestions on what brands are best bang for your buck?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 20 inch behind my grille and a 40 inch on a Backrack safety rack, which is mounted to the bed of my truck. I stayed clear of tapping/drilling into the cab of the truck to mount one above the windshield. I bought mine off of Amazon

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I have a 30" behind the grille. 50" bars can create a lot of wind noise.

Rigid is probably one of the best, but pricy. I have been using a Hanning Led and really like how they use a 10w LED. Makes the bar bright for its size. Boost-Bars who is a site vendor sells them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a Rigid Industries E Series in my A.D.D. venom bumper where the Intercooler opening is and a Core 7 HDS50" up top and they are both very bright. Now I know this is an un-fair comparison, being that it's 50" vs 20" but I feel like if they were equal size the Core 7 is brighter and according to websites rigid and core 50" radius bar the core 7 produces more lumens. Also be prepared Vozaday knows what he's talking about these 50" lights up top are very loud. (Put some sort of silencer on the back or it will ring your ears till they bleed)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Rigid or Baja designs for the bars. Pricey...but buy once cry once.
DOT Duallys in my fogs and they are outstanding.

·
Registered
85 Posts
on the high end: Rigid, Baja, maybe VisionX. Rigid will ding your wallet quite a bit, but if you get a 50" Radius from them, you won't 'need' any more lights. there will defiantly be some noise though depending out where its positioned on the roof or windshield.

on the low end: MICTunning or Oslamp. both avail on Amazon or have their own sites to buy from. I'm sure there are more both those are the only two I've delt with in the past that actually have a 'brand' of sorts.

IMHO, if you're just mall-crawlin and/or just going for the looks, stick with the low end stuff, nobody is going to care on the street. But if you do serious expeditions or see a lot of heavy off-road activites just buy the Rigids and be done with it.

Reactions: MCDavis

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 30" behind the grille. 50" bars can create a lot of wind noise.

Rigid is probably one of the best, but pricy. I have been using a Hanning Led and really like how they use a 10w LED. Makes the bar bright for its size. Boost-Bars who is a site vendor sells them.
did you use the vertical grill supports to mount the 30" bar?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts

·
Administrator
7,849 Posts
Same, my bar had a different mounting system on it. Just a friendly tip, if the 30" bar doesn't fit right away between the brackets, loosen the two mounting screws on the bottom side of the grill and it will expand those brackets outward. uploadfromtaptalk1426361726934.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I mounted a 20inch rigid combo SR2 in the CAC INTAKE,and then welded up a bracket to install a 10inch rigid RS2 driving on the core support ...
i like the 30inch through the bottom of the grill....
My 10inch looks brighter up close but from behind the wheel it's not even close..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I mounted 20inch on the core support,and a 10inch in the CAC intake... how the heck did you fit a 20inch in the CAC intake,because even a 10inch was a slight pain until the LIC brackets where removed...?
I thought you had a 20 in your CAC opening?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I wrote that posted it,and edited almost immediately once I realized it was the other way....the picture clearly shows its a 20inch. Dang you read that fast,lol

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
That's what happens when you only have your truck for 4 or 5 days out of the 9months since it was purchased..surprised I haven't forgotten the freaking color by now...good catch !

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody try and mount a light bar at the bottom of the windshield near the wipers? Not sure if wipers would hit it or hood when opening it

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed a huge curved led bar directly underneath my bumper. So easy to install and no possible rust. Lays down a huge blanket of white light. Intercoolers and radiators not affected.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone with a 30" behind grill also run a mega catch-can, can they both fit?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts