F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to upgrade my reverse light bulbs and my fog light bulbs.
I want my reverse lights as bright as possible.
I want my fogs brighter as well, but if I could get them to match my HID headlights too, that would be perfect.

Testimonials and part numbers would be a great help, Thx.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Ahhh....a perfect opportunity for me to ***** about how LED lighting can be such a gimmick....(and no I'm not referring to Rigid Industries or any other good off-road light).

I "upgraded" my fogs and reverse lights to LED...tried 2 different styles/brands in both...so when I'm backing up, my friends go "damn, your reverse lights are bright as %&$t!!" ....

And they are....when you're looking AT them....so are my fogs. And so are a lot of cheap LED off-road lights. It's the COLOR that fools your eyes. But the fact is....from INSIDE the truck, they don't have as much output as a set of double white (or super white, or bright white, yadayayada) halogen bulbs. In fact....I am estimating that while they look almost twice as bright while looking into them, the actual "useful" light that they put out from behind the steering wheel, is about 30% less. I went back to halogens in the fogs for now, until I decide what to do.

So..just my few hundred dollars worth of experience....upgrade your fogs to HID or similar, and put some LED's in or below your rear bumper. Pics on request, as I don't want to bore anyone.....:(

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
22 Posts
In some states, they are banning such lighting upgrade due to safety precaution. I would to get a De zee Halogen bulb. They are brighter compare to oem bub but not as bright as led. I just got a set online together with my other truck accessories. Will post some pix asap for comparison purpose.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Have to go with HIDs in the fogs to get the color of lights to match and maintain functionality. Factory HID headlights are 4300k. I installed some 6k Phillips LED reverse lights and those helped. I also installed the Recon light bar with the white backup function. That thing doesn't have a good fit at all!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
HID's in the fogs, but stick with a good brand such as Morrimoto and Osram. You'll have nothing but trouble with the cheap chinese brands.

As far as reverse lights, you could go with an aux set like Vol and I did, but if you want to stay with the factory style you're best bet is a good name brand set of projected LED bulbs. When it comes to LED lighting, optics are by far the most important thing to look at. Lumen counts can be very misleading, since they measure the brightness directly at the diode and not from a distance.

Here's my set up, but there are several less invasive solutions depending on the style of lights you like.

IMG_0952.JPG IMG_0957.jpg

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
OK, someone please come to TN and kick me in the ass...

I'm about to try the latest greatest LED headlight "upgrade" bulbs :rolleyes: and retro-fit my fogs with "off-road" LED auxiliary lighting.

Pics will eventually be on my build thread...hoping I don't regret this...:p
Coming further and further onto the bright side...lol. Who makes them? My fogs are made by Race Sport.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Coming further and further onto the bright side...lol. Who makes them? My fogs are made by Race Sport.

LED Headlight "upgrade bulbs": Latest Innovations

FOG Light retro-fit: Lights « Lzr Led « Lzr 4 Rnd Driving Black « KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, Off Road Lights, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, LED Light Bars, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories, Flashlights, Torches

It'll be on my thread in a couple weeks. I have no parts yet....:(

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
LED Headlight "upgrade bulbs"

FOG Light retro-fit

It'll be on my thread in a couple weeks. I have no parts yet....:(
Looks like pretty much the same thing I put in the fogs. LED with a fan and a ballast. Thinking about getting a set for the wife's rig, but she runs mostly in town and not much outside. If we travel back to see family, we take my truck.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Looks like pretty much the same thing I put in the fogs. LED with a fan and a ballast. Thinking about getting a set for the wife's rig, but she runs mostly in town and not much outside. If we travel back to see family, we take my truck.

Yeah like I said, we shall see....I know they won't be HID....but if really is a GOOD QUALITY LED option...I will be pleasantly surprised.

If they end up like all of the other LED plug-n-play replacement bulbs for fogs and reverse lights...they will quickly be for sale.....

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Yeah like I said, we shall see....I know they won't be HID....but if really is a GOOD QUALITY LED option...I will be pleasantly surprised.

If they end up like all of the other LED plug-n-play replacement bulbs for fogs and reverse lights...they will quickly be for sale.....
I'm pretty excited to see your review of these.

KCCO!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
As much as I love LED's, I can't see these working very well.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Hahaha I too am skeptical...but like I said I can't swing the HID upgrade at present. I bet you would try them if they came in a RIGID box!
Lol, I like oracle too, but they're going to be for looks IMO.

I rather HID in my heads!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts