F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recommended pressure on the stock Pirelli Scorpion Zeros is 35psi. I run mine at about 38-40 psi because the tires not only look low but they feel low when I’m driving. When they’re at 35psi they seem like they have flat spots. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I’m not running the Scorpions on my Platinum but I have run them on previous 150’s. I’ve played around with the pressure quite a bit and always found 35 lbs. to be just about right from both performance and tire wear perspectives.

I wouldn’t sweat the way the sidewall looks too much, that is not to say that you shouldn’t keep an eye on them. I‘ve found that tires with short sidewalls always look low to my eye. I would assume that as long as your not accelerating tire wear in the center of the tire 38-40 lbs. shouldn’t be a problem with the Scorps. Rotate them frequently. I‘m a bit on the overkill side but rotate my tires at the same interval I change my oil which is between 3000 and 3500 miles. I’ve found this to be ideal on any full time or 4 wheel drive vehicle. Assuming your alignment is in check that will keep your edge wear at bay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts