F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 EcoBoost 220k miles

It goes into limp mode with no rhyme or reason. Pull over, turn it off and start it back up. Sometimes it keeps turning over until it starts, even after releasing the key back to the on position. The trans temp gauge will bottom out at cold and slowly come back.

I thought it had to do with moisture in the air as it typically does this early in the mornings, but it didn't do it at all yesterday when it was raining, yet has done it repeatedly today while sunny and hot.

Anyone else had this issue and if so what was the remedy?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Any check engine lights? What code is it throwing?

When did you change the plugs last? Got a weep hole in the intercooler? Any mods done to the truck?

Did you get the recall done on your trans to have it reprogrammed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
I'm only saying this because lots of folks have sworn to it when their trucks acted like they were possessed. :)

Throttle Body.

For whatever reason, a bad throttle body can turn these trucks to jekyll/Hyde.

Fortunately, with 220k and the relatively cheap price for one, it's a reasonable gamble, in my opinion

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Every time mine does that it’s the throttle body.

Replaced it through warranty about a year or so ago and it just did it again. Dealership is backed up so I pulled it myself and cleaned it. There was a little oil type substance there but nothing to make not operate. Maybe it was electric me and plugging it back in fixed it. Whatever the case, haven’t had the issue since. (Knock on wood)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
yep usually the throttle body,ordered mine off rockauto for 70.00 bucks worked perfect,cleaning usually doesnt do anything its the black circuit board on it that burns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts