F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my truck back from having the Line-x liner put in, and it looks great. The liner covers everything in the box, even the top portion next to the cab. Only problem, I was going to install my Bakflip F1 tonneau cover this weekend and that requires a weather seal to be applied on that top part. Question-how do I remove the liner from this area? I'm not really excited about getting in there with any kind of harsh chemical because that sounds like a stickly messy way to approach the problem. I'm thinking I will have to cut it and try to peel it off. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
373 Posts
When I had my bakflip on my truck, I never used the weather strip for the front, as I have line-d as well. Never seemed to have any issues at the front of the bed, if anything it was snow coming in the tailgate gap from the "vacuum" effect that happens. But I know some people that have put the weather strip on top of the line-x and then the cover on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lil-seems like the weather strip would have a tough time sticking to the liner given the rough texture of it. I am considering doing it though-I guess if it leaks I can always go back and cut off the liner. I might try adhering the weather strip to the tonneau cover instead. That way I don't have to worry about whether or not it will stick to the liner and should be able to get a decent weather seal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had mine sprayed and a access cover installed at the same time they put the weather strip right over the line x and it seems to stay. I have to take the cover off to haul my 4wheeler no problems yet.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have a cover that flips over and rests on top of the rail. No weather stripping at all and very little if any water gets in. Dealer told me that they are not 100% water tight anyways.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to look at either sticking the weather strip to the line-x or to the cover itself. I'm thinking if I stick it to the cover and can get good adhesion, that will seal better than sticking it on the line-x. Will let you know how it works.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
You will not get that line-x off easily. Took me a solid hour of scraping to remove a 6"x6" spot from my garage floor when I did a liner on my Ranger....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I went ahead and put the weather strip right over the line-x. Didn't want to adhere very well, but I think the design of the top will hold it in place and should seal pretty well. After installing, I'm not concerned at all about any leakage. I have not yet installed the drain hoses supplied with the cover because I think I can come up with a better solution. The fact that you can funnel water away from the bed is great, just don't like the hose setup that much. Will post pics of my solution when I have one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just stuck the ends of the hoses into a couple of emplty soda bottles and just empty them when they get water in them. It works great. I don't have the heart yet to drill holes in the plugs in the front of the bed to run the hoses out of the bed which has a line-x bedliner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts