F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was one of the first warm days since I bought my ecoboost. My thermometer read 38 degrees. I was driving around for the first time with my window down. Damn I love listening to the turbos! The crazy part is I'm still stock. Once I get my intake and tune I'm gonna have a hell if a time keeping fuel in the tank of da beast....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It's warm for nd this time of year. Haha.

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nasty

It's been 10 to -10 for more than a month.
I really didn't wanna drive around in -10 with my window down...
I was actually able to take my truck to the wash and it didn't freeze.
She definitely likes the slightly warmer air.

Come on spring!

Reactions: OxfordFX4

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was feeling the same way here in ohio being 35. Been -15 to about ten degrees. Truck loves a little "warmer" weather

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ha. Yeah I guess its a matter of perception. I'm like peroxide...I freeze at 46°F.
Funny thing is GM cars/trucks seem to get stronger the colder it gets but Ford's cpu seems to overcompensate for temp which makes our trucks seem to not like the extreme cold air. My Lightning used to wake up BIG TIME when the temps dropped and I didn't notice it letting up because it got to cold. Maybe the ecoboost programmers erred on the side of safety BIG time.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
75?! Almost time to start bowfishing and frogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Reactions: Tyler

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Got me a starters bow, I wanna do some bow fishing this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It becomes addicting quickly. Start out with a cheap halogen set up, then if you like it progress into hps or metal halide. It depends on water clarity as to which is better to run.

Reactions: FastFreddy

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Ha. Yeah I guess its a matter of perception. I'm like peroxide...I freeze at 46°F.
Funny thing is GM cars/trucks seem to get stronger the colder it gets but Ford's cpu seems to overcompensate for temp which makes our trucks seem to not like the extreme cold air. My Lightning used to wake up BIG TIME when the temps dropped and I didn't notice it letting up because it got to cold. Maybe the ecoboost programmers erred on the side of safety BIG time.
It's gotten cold again where I live and I definitely notice a bump in power when it's colder.

Maybe it's just not cold enough where you are? Maybe you should drive further north to enjoy some real cold. I'll put a Popsicle outside for you.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Haven't heard my turbos yet....damn MTs are to loud to hear anything haha but they do look BA.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Haven't heard my turbos yet....damn MTs are to loud to hear anything haha but they do look BA.
You can hear mine from down the road, and the eBOV on the full race CAC is loud and sexy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
After having the truck for a couple weeks and having some sweet weather today - rode home with the windows down and finally got to hear the turbos today. They sound sweet! After driving the super duty trucks from from the 7.3, 6.0 & 6.4 the whistle sure sounds different compared to the bigger turbos that are strapped to the diesels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts