F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I hadn’t used my live wire in two yrs due to being hospitalized & bed bound for 25 months, so I’m calling around wanting to do something to my truck, turbos now we have answers for fuel etc..
so I’m talking about tunes with MPT,they tell me they have a update to their PRX 93 race tune,so I get it. Live wire is working fine,load new tune all is great..then I decide to hookup my laptop just to see how it’s doing.wont talk to the laptop only when it’s plugged into the truck, works otherwise..downloads tunes etc..
so I call Sct she plays with it for a hr or so,,
next day now it won’t even display the gauges,retune load tunes anything ..
wow..she says update it,lol it won’t even do that..
fast forward today the guy was so cool on the phone for 2 hrs easy..finally says hey bend it,like a book,lol..
tells me it may have a loose board ,how I say it was fine..
oh well the good news my new 600$ paper weight has a known issue and they will let me mail it in and if it won’t work they will give me a newer model the plus for only $240..
so hopefully it won’t work there..pretty cool to offer a update,most companies just say out of warranty,full price..
anywone else had issues with it,?

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
For what it's worth, your are not alone. SCT has been messing their customers service for awhile now. I stop in now and then at BCB and they have been fielding troubles with the SCT products they sold. A few years ago they were highly recommended, really dropped the ball on the latest generations with 10 speeds. Now update failures popping up regularly.
Mt own GTX regularly needs to be reconnected so it recognizes the vehicle, displaying the info I monitor. I see a replacement with a HP NGuage in the future, I hear nothing but good about them! KM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts