F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so needing a little experience on what I should set the alerts for if they start getting to high.
Trans temp?
Boost?
Or any others that will help prevent something going really wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Are you using a canned tune?

·
Registered
868 Posts
the alerts would be set to your preference so you know what is happening and depend on what you will be doing

i personally have never seen a trans temp over 211 on a smoldering hot day but im sure guys towing 10,000 lb campers see that in the first 5 miles of a trip so they might not think anything until they see 250 or 260
i think that an alert should be set high enough that you know if you see it you better back it down a bit

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm aware of the preference but I'm not aware of what is considered too high. That's what I'm trying to figure out here. Example...20 pounds of boost is too high and I should be aware if I get that close I need to respond before I blow something up.... CAC temp is getting too high so I should back off.... Hey ur transmission temp is high you need to do something before it goes up In smoke. What I need are numbers I can add to prewarn me before I reach bad temps or boost. That's the purpose of having these cool gauge clusters. Currently I have this cool looking gauge cluster on my left side and that's about it. I would like to set some limits, can't find anything on the internet about them.

I would have thought some of these guys that make custom tunes would chime in with a list that they go by. It would be helpful for a lot of people like myself that don't have a clue.

·
Registered
868 Posts
well maybe someone will admit to what they have their alerts set at that already use the livewire setup.
again everybody is going to see different things depending on how they use the truck and there are guys seeing 21 and 22 psi of boost with perf tunes
my truck sees 12 psi regularly and seen 15 psi a couple times over 2 or 3 days time and didnt like it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes people will use them differently but all of these ecoboost are the same unless someone goes into the motor and beefs it up to take more abuse. 210 degree limit on a transmission temp is not gonna differ regardless if you have a tune or not. High oil temp is high oil temp etc

If ur tuning a truck you have to know what the factory limits are so you don't exceed them and start tearing up parts or no one will buy ur tunes.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm aware of the preference but I'm not aware of what is considered too high. That's what I'm trying to figure out here. Example...20 pounds of boost is too high and I should be aware if I get that close I need to respond before I blow something up.... CAC temp is getting too high so I should back off.... Hey ur transmission temp is high you need to do something before it goes up In smoke. What I need are numbers I can add to prewarn me before I reach bad temps or boost. That's the purpose of having these cool gauge clusters. Currently I have this cool looking gauge cluster on my left side and that's about it. I would like to set some limits, can't find anything on the internet about them.

I would have thought some of these guys that make custom tunes would chime in with a list that they go by. It would be helpful for a lot of people like myself that don't have a clue.
I'd say monitor knock and afr...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
well maybe someone will admit to what they have their alerts set at that already use the livewire setup.
again everybody is going to see different things depending on how they use the truck and there are guys seeing 21 and 22 psi of boost with perf tunes
my truck sees 12 psi regularly and seen 15 psi a couple times over 2 or 3 days time and didnt like it.
I see 21-22, regularly.
what did yours do at 15?
Have you checked the plug gaps?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts